Any Future Digital Mercenary Videos?

@wendell @ryan @kreestuh

Hello!

I am curious to know if you have any plans in the future for continuing the Digital Mercenary videos. If the comfort level was there, I am very interested to know about the consulting route, starting and managing your own business, and any sort of road blocks or obstacles you had in your way.

I ask for personal reasons, but I also think it would be a fascinating episode.

Some questions that I had (I understand this might be too personal to discuss, feel free to ignore me all together):

• Did you use your own funds, compile funds as a team, or use a third party source of funding?
    I know this question is a bit of an oddball, but I hear different opinions on this.

• Did you have any non-compete clauses in your current job, before consulting?
    If so, do you have any advice for working around those?

• When first starting out, did you have clients in mind, or did you start cold calling and/or advertising like crazy?

• Regarding the nature of the work, did you specialize starting out, or did you do any and everything you were capable of? Web dev, networking, Windows admin, Linux admin, etc.

Thanks. I know this topic is not very tech related, but I think the business of technology can be as important as the tech itself. You can only read so many topics on the subject, and Iā€™d be ever appreciative on hearing about firsthand experience.

3 Likes