Any body know where to get Threadripper/Epyc T20 Torex Driver in 4 days?

I am building an Epyc Server for which, I need to install 7302P processor and need Torex Driver. Ordered one from China but it is shipped late and wont come in time, Any one here knows where to get one faster in US?

Get a T20 Torx bit with a 1/4" drive and a torque wrench that will go to 14 in lbs (SP3 torque) on amazon. Might also be able to find it at an auto parts store or home depot.

I debated about it but doubted their accuracy after watching few youtube videos. I am afraid of destroying motherboard or processor if amazon/home depot $50 driver does’t do their job perfectly? Not sure if I am overthinking :slight_smile:

I don’t think I have used the official SP3 tool on any of the servers or workstations I have put together, all are working fine. I have a Fix it Stick torque driver that I put on my screw driver and it has been fine for this use.

Realistically ± 1-2 in-lbs will not kill anything. at worst too low may have bad contact with the socket and need to be tightened a bit.

I can’t vouch for this exact torque wrench but I have use others from this brand and they have been fine. If you don’t already have one grab this T20 bit with a 1/4" drive to go with it.

1 Like

You are. I installed my EPYC CPU’s w/o a torque wrench. I did have a regular T20 Torx screwdriver, so I gently tightened each screw by hand in a circular motion, making sure each screw had the same amount of turns. It’s a PITA, but taking your time here pays off. I did use coolers that have spring-loaded screws that bottomed out on the socket, so that also offers some equally applied pressure on the CPU.

Regarding torque, being wary of the absolute accuracy of a cheap torque wrench is not unreasonable.

You can overnight a high quality torque wrench from McMaster Carr or similar and be confident in what’s happening.

1 Like

Found this: Simply buy Torque screwdriver, fixed setting | Hoffmann Group

But never ordered anything yet from hoffman-group

Finally Received the driver this morning before a week days time than given delivery date.

Thank you so much to all members for suggestions/help.

2 Likes