Any biography recommendations?

I read my first biography a few days ago called iWoz and its an autobiography of Steve Wozinak, co-founder of Apple. After reading it, I freaking love and respect this guy both as a person and how he brought computers to the personal home. I had the fortune to see him speak in a leadership convention at my county at the first week of May.

What are other biographies you enjoyed that you would recommend to anyone else to read?

if you read to autobiography of Wozniak, you will probably also enjoy the Steve jobs autobiography by Walter Isaacson
and another one would be the Keith Richards biography "Life"

1 Like

I definitely will see if I can read the Steve Jobs bio. When I read iWoz, Steve was indirectly portrayed as an asshole for few things he have done when working with Wozinak before and during Apple.. I want to see his life from a different perspective.

oh yea, he was a total asshole

1 Like

Even though it is not directly a biography, I would recommend this book:

4 Likes

I really enjoyed the bio of Anthony Kiedis, RHCP frontman

Another one of my favorites are the Miles Davis Biography and a look at the life of Robert Moses (not strictly a bio)

Don't read the bio of Oppenheimer! It's often recommended but I haven't found a more drudging and boring book in years.

1 Like

Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future. Interesting book, i strongly recommend reading it.

1 Like

Oh, that sounds really good. Always wanted to know more about Elon Musk.

I won't buy anything but AMD cpu's, but this was an awesome read:)

Well it is always good to know about the history of things even though they may happened about two decades ago.

1 Like

Funny that your name is @biolinguist and this is a biography book thread.

1 Like

The 'bio' in my handle is actually the 'bio' of 'biology' :-P

Highly recommend Mao the Unknown Story:

1 Like