[answered] Dark Souls 2 question

Short and sweet.. That's what she said...
How DAFUQ do I jump in this game?
I have just started playing it a few days ago. I'm loving it so far. Properly loving it. Like Skyrim levels of love, and I still play skyrim vanilla. But how the hell do I jump? I checked the controlls, I press the button - nothing. I remapped it - nothing.
I have purchased 360 controller from China, basically because with the delivery price it's still 3 times cheaper than brand new from the store down the street, but it will arrive in a month time... And I want to play this thing... So help me out here... Am I missing something? How do I jump in freaking Dark Souls 2?

You have to run before you press the button.
I forgot which button it is mapped as, but it should be listed in the options.

What do you mean run? By default when I am moving, I am running. I have to hold Alt to walk...
If you mean, that I have to sprint to be able to jump, that is something I haven't tried yet.

I was actually not aware you could walk in the game. But yeah, sprint, like maximum amount of movement available is required to do a jump.

I see... This is why I was unable to jump...
God dam it Dark Souls... Like you are not difficult enough already...

It will be much easier when you get the controller, you have probably heard about, but DS2 have horrible support for keyboard and mouse.

Actually, I quite enjoy it. My only issue is jumping. Now that I know what I was doing wrong, meaning not sprinting, I may not even need the controller. My last console was PSP, so I would need quite some time to get used to the console controller.
And the keyboard controlls aren't that bad... I had more issues with Deus Ex Human Revolution for PC and Assassin Creed 1 for PC in terms of controlls...