Another PC Build Advice Post

I'm sure you guys get tired of threads like this, but I'm looking for some advice on a new pc build I'm planning. I haven't built a pc in probably 6 or 7 years so all of the new tech is a little overwhelming. I have done quite a bit of research over the last couple of weeks but would really appreciate any advice you guys can give me. This build will primarily be a gaming build although I do a lot of programming/game development as well (visual studio and unity3d). My budget is 2000 - 2500 usd and need to build a complete system from scratch.

Case

This has been giving me the most trouble for some reason. What I really want is a well built case with a side window, good airflow and matte black color. The three cases I am most interested in are the Fractal Design Define R4, Corsair Obsidian 650D and NZXT Switch 810.

CPU

Intel i5 3750K - I don't plan on doing any crazy overclocking but would like the option.

Motherboard

Currently looking at the Asus Maximus V Formula. I really like this mobo, mostly for the cool factor I guess. Is this complete overkill? Is the Maximus V Gene a better idea or are there any other good gaming motherboards I should be looking at?

GPU

ASUS GTX670-DC2-2GD5 GeForce GTX 670 2GB - Is this overkill? Im also looking at the 660ti's. Id like to not have to replace the video card for several years but I'm not really sure if spending $400 on a video card is a great idea.

PSU

Corsair HX650 - Will this be powerful enough if I add another video card and a few more hard drives.

PSU Cooler

EVGA Superclock - From reviews I've read this seems like a pretty bad ass cooler. I know that the CM Hyper 212 Evo is a good cooler as well and is cheap but I'd like something that looks nicer. Also looking at the new Corsair h100i.

RAM

Corsair Vengeance 16bg (8x2) 1600 (with h100i) or Corsair Vengeance 16bg LP 1600 (with air cooler)

Storage

Crucial M4 2.5" 128GB SATA III

SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0

Monitor

ViewSonic VX2753mh-LED Black 27" Full HD HDMI LED BackLight LCD Monitor w/Speakers - Anyone have any experience with this? Seems like a decent monitor and is currently on sale at newegg for $300.

Peripherals

Microsoft Sidewinder x4 Keyboard - I'd like to get a mechanical but they are too damn expensive, especially with backlighting.

Logitech g9x Mouse - I've used an older version of this mouse and loved it.

Corsair Vengeance 1300 3.5mm Headset - Seems decent and is only $66 on newegg. 

mechanicals will last you alot longer, and you should probably go dual monitor.

take some ideas from my build, although mine is for gaming and vid work

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/n6I5