Anime Culture Club

I’ve been exploring nihilism and free will lately, as abstract concepts. Which I think was somewhat tangential in Bebop. At least, nihilism was definitely a theme.

1 Like

Maybe take a look at Michiko & Hatchin. It’s not set in the future but gives me a similar vibe. First episode is annoyingly slow, but that’s the only thing I have to criticize so far, cause I could see that being the reason for a lot of people to drop it.

The same studio made Samurai Champloo, Gangsta., Ergo Proxy and The World God Only Knows (among their most popular works).

Update: Just finished the last episode. Yup, it has definitely a similar vibe to it overall.

2 Likes

Oh yeah I remember watching it before
Oh I did

1 Like

https://mangadex.org/index.html
Mangadex got hacked and will be down for a month as they rewrite the site. Also they will be doing bug bounties for v5 of website.

This is up for grabs. You have to tell me if you want it, by tomorrow. I don’t have time. Otherwise, it’s going in the trash (where it belongs lol). Gotta tell me a shipping address.

Kill la Kill myself

Fly Me to the Moon (Neon Genesis Evangelion), Tabi No Tochuu (Spice and Wolf), and Natsume’s Book of Friends - Aishiteru TV ver.

I’ll take them if no one else does.

They are still available, but not much longer. Feel free to send me a shipping address.

1 Like

Shipped.

No longer available.

2 Likes

https://anilist.co/manga/121753/Tensei-Kizoku-Kantei-Skill-de-Nariagaru-Jakushou-Ryouchi-wo-Uketsuidanode-Yuushuuna-Jinzai-wo-Fuyashite-Itara-Saikyou-Ryouchi-ni-Natteta/
Interesting read. Found this on the recently updated list. I like that the author gave the main character a support ability that has him relying on the supporting characters for their specializations.

A lot of isekai have the appraisal ability in addition to another OP ability. Having the main character rely on the supporting characters allows for the entire cast to stay relevant and grow together.

1 Like

I also like that while scouting talented people he sees them for more than their stat potential and genuinely cares for them and the people of his father’s domain. It makes for some good feels.

1 Like

Sounds like Zombieland Saga.

1 Like

Does he though?

Yeah im fucking stoked for R, that was a low key bombshell at the end of the first season.

2 Likes

The manager is still quite the mystery to me.

1 Like

Saw this on the tachiyomi discord

4 Likes

Saw page was posted on the tachiyomi memes discord channel

It was funny enough to get me to read the series
https://anilist.co/manga/117822/My-Dads-the-Queen-of-All-VTubers/

2 Likes

maaaaaaybe wrong place for this but hype

1 Like

I’m afraid my IQ is not high enough to appreciate the delicate humor in that show.

it’s also not anime REEEEEE

2 Likes

Couldn’t get into it either. :confused:

I usually watch the odd ep here and there in no specific order when I’m bored or want more context to a rick & morty clip I came across on youtube.

Just saw that, will watch for the new scenes

IZKL

2 Likes