Anime Culture Club

It’s actually pretty interesting how Gundam started out.

5 Likes

Really enjoyed Kimetsu no Yaiba. Started Saturday, and finished this morning only to take a break for hw, lol. Shinobu best waifu.

3 Likes

After such a long wait the limited edition is finally here and it even came early because I was not expecting it until the 26th. I’m still waiting for the vinyl of the soundtrack to also ship out.

The art on the outer box here is textured slightly to mimic ripples from the pools of water. There is a hardcover booklet with synopsis of the movie and has a collection of all of the characters and their designs. It also includes some of the storyboards from the movie. Lastly there are some postcards with artwork. This is probably the best limited edition version of the movie I have seen among the rest of the international releases.

This is probably still my favorite anime movie and this holiday season I’m sure I’ll give out more of the blurays and manga boxsets of this series to friends so they can experience it as well.

Also picked up some other anime series that I had been meaning to pick up for sometime now.

I really wish this had some of the other tracks from Berserk’s awesome OST, but licensing probably got in the way. This is the white vinyl disc version which is still cool to have, but I really wanted the super limited red disc version. I just wasn’t aware of this release to pre-order it.

I decided to grab the FLCL vinyl as well since I am really fond of the soundtrack and it is like pure nostalgia.

6 Likes

slime got a s2 confirmed for 2020 as did the Ancient Magus’ Bride, zombieland saga, kobayashi dragon maid, ghost in the shell, knights of sidonia, and after many many years mahouka koukou no rettousei

5 Likes

Just cought up on the manga and oh boy am i stoked for a second season

4 Likes

Damn really hit the feels

Naruto music really hits the feels

1 Like

It’s a good read tbh, has a cowboy beebop feel in how the each story is structured

1 Like

So I started watching Puella Magi Madoka Magica while trying to get AWS glue to work.

4 Likes

That was a good (enough to keep me hooked until 5am) series I binge read it last week

I’ve seen people use Korean Manhwa or Webtoon to describe it. I use either, but I immediately associate webtoons with korean.

Manhwa sounds too much like Manhua (chinese manga/webtoons) and manga. Techinically the origin is from Chinese, but Manga inspired the change such that chinese adapted the term to have another association with manga

1 Like

Someone complained about 3d animation not being done right
1 Like

It’s fine. Their opinion doesn’t matter… None a this matters

dragon-maid-lucoa-gif-2

1 Like

3d animation gets a bad rap when its used as a short cut like copy pasta crowds to save time.

2 Likes

Like in Overlord S3? Impossibru!

3 Likes

BRB, going to watch demon slayer and hate practically ever other implementation of 3D CGI.

Regarding 3D on the anime video game front:

Been catching up on the story of Guilty Gear, how did this series of games not get it’s own anime series when shit like Dungeon Fighter Online got one?

3 Likes

good frame from recent quint chapter. I made it into a desktop bg

3 Likes

Knew Eatsuki would win

2 Likes

Pretty much the only 2 3d cgi I can handle is Land of the lustrous and Demon slayer.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Going to spend the holiday weekend ripping blurays to my NAS, dis gonna be fun

5 Likes

Direct rip/transcode or one after another?
Better find some entertainment for that time.