Anime Culture Club

Attack on titan anyone?

I started watching Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba. This is an impressive show. Only seen the first 6 but pacing is good, the music sometime reminds me of Nier Automata, animation is good [I’d expect that consider how good of a reputation the animation company has], story, and character development. If the anime stays this way it could easily be one of my favorites but wait and see.

6 Likes

Oh so much this.

2 Likes

Funimation’s site is such garbage:
the next button doesn’t even work on their player (mostlt because the server doesn’t respond)
The queue takes forever to load and often the whole page just refreshes putting you at the top of your queue

Is it too much to ask that a streaming sight has more than a bare bones player?

3 Likes

We need to make our own streaming service with Blackjack and Hookers.

3 Likes

Just a web app that replaces the player and a queue you can organize/ customize and it handles all your log ins and be able to open the streaming site in the web app for browsing

1 Like

Crunchyroll should improve their player too. Probably not as garbage as Funimation’s (never used it), but still far from being good.

Hidive had ok player last time I watched something from their site.

1 Like

CR finally got rid of flash but their html5 player is so bare bones it lacks basic features like skip episode and minimizes everytime it loads a new video, what is really annoying is it’s the same player they had been using on VRV for over a year was probably the same player they had for “beta” that you had to be a premium plus member to even use.

I’m using a hacked version of the crunchyroll html5 player extension since the author killed it with an update.

Hidive is alright but their servers are slow and they need to integrate language and subtitle options into the player menu, its autoplay and fullscreen is also wonky

1 Like

Sometimes it feels like CR servers are slow too. Or then it’s just crap html5 player that keeps buffering.

1 Like

I don’t have any issues on my end. Probably have to download more ram

2 Likes

started watching A certain Magical Index, gotta say wtf even is this anime lol, and the english dub is soooooooooo :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

Honestly the side stories are better (railgun and acceleraor) but even that isn’t saying much.

3 Likes

its just one of those animes where Im like
“ok what is on the schedule toda- ohh its you”

1 Like

That’s been basically every season for me for a year now.

I think I watched more in Winter 2018 than I have in every season since.

1 Like

Y’all are just watching the wrong shows

We just got spoiled by several outstanding shows Winter 2018, every season since has felt kinda meh.

Can confirm. Finished railgun the other day and where index barely made a 7, railgun almost was an 8 for me.

This season has: cop craft, dr stone, fire force, takagi 2 (if you’re into that sort of thing), and vinland saga. One of the stronger seasons in a while imo.

You’re forgetting Gay-On! Given, its a great show.

haven’t seen it yet, but I’ll give it a shot

1 Like

Im watching dr stone, demon slayer, ARIFURETA for some reason, digimon tri, attack on titans S3, Abandon sacred beast, mob phsyco and sometimes Granblu fantasy but its mehh.