Anime Culture Club

Anmi is the artist if anyone is interested

2 Likes

I just finished the second episode.

Neat.

1 Like

@Theonewhoisdrunk @SoulFallen Keep fighting the good fight.

2 Likes

I need to get to reading this big boy (834 page manga memoir)

1 Like

Damn.

would assume thats what usually happens tbh

something like they get paid at work/some sum, maybe some tiny fraction at best, but would depend on studio and stuff, publisher

mean if you’re just one art dong out of however many doubt you get much/anything per sale of disc or whatever, maybe some of the more main actually credited people a tiny amount

unrelated:
@trexd dunno would hope so lol, see it atleast as an area of obvious room for improvement, that if they wanted the scifi shiz, to commit a little more then just the flash back and couple other episodes, like say spikes story in bebop, where its still not in most of the episodes perse but it is more spread out

Is this the equivalent of book people bragging about reading Tolstoi n shit?

Also…

more like…meme noir, amirite?
chirpchirp
windblows

Yoshihiro Tatsumi is a mega oldfag, been drawing manga nearly all his life, he’s got some great work and I highly recommend the three compilations available; The Push Man, Abandon the Old in Tokyo and Good-Bye

I think I’ll read Fallen Words before digging into A Drifting Life

Manga for intellectuals?

lol nah, it’s some gritty stuff but nut not high brow at all

Anybody watch Darling in the Franxx Ep 13 yet?

download

1 Like

Darling has been building this whole time with all sorts of questions and now we’ve finally got some answers and it seems like it’s ready to take off.

2 Likes

I haven’t been so anxious to see the next episode of anything in a while.

1 Like

So on the serious side?

a bit yeah, maybe not to your liking.

Tatsumi was working on a second volume of his memoir when he died in '15

Bummer.

I want to watch my hero academia so bad but I have to wait for it to finish it so I can binge it. The temptations are too strong.

Jump on the simulcasting bandwagon!

Unrelated I started Full Metal Panic, really enjoyed the first episode.

3 Likes

The only Manga that falls under that catagory is Oyasumi Punpun.

The tags “drama” and “psychological” are an instant turn-off for me.
Same with sports, mecha and other specific genres or tropes I have absolutely no interest in.