Anime Culture Club

em you can have Jesus if you want, I don’t need the dude. But spot on about the rest.

this thread should be called “Casual ‘anime’ for plebs who don’t like to read”

i’m just kidding tho. yall are too easy :stuck_out_tongue:

What? Why did it get a German publication before an English one?

Those look like SAS. Those are brits, no friend of Cheeki Breeki

No idea honestly, TP folded in the North America ages ago and they still hold a lot of properties.

I mean, you can fold it or crumble it into a ball or whatever. Your choice.

2 Likes

Tokyo Pop you clown

Screenshot_2018-07-06%20Goblin%20Slayer%20-%20Chapter%2017

2 Likes

it’s a bad joke

Then the screenshot fits.

That’s awesome, Zillion is finally going to be released fully for NA. I’m a little surprised that funimation took it since they really don’t ever delve into the older shows.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-07-06/funimation-licenses-1987-anime-zillion/.133939

1 Like

God damn it, I specifically asked about the acquisition of older or more obscure titles at a CRX panel with the people who acquire properties from five major publishers and the responses I got were a resounding not a chance.

lol I imagine they have to say that a lot to people. I’m just glad some companies are even considering bringing older series into their portfolios. Discotek and a few others have been adding more old licenses lately.
Hell, even manga/LN has me astounded with the amount of old and obscure series being translated to english.

2 Likes

Seven Seas has been killing it with older series, I can’t remember off the top of my head but they have a whole lot coming out soon.

Oh yeah, they released Girl Friends

3 Likes

That one might just get me to start reading…

1 Like

Yes, hit up Seven Seas for all the Yuri

1 Like

Let’s get lewd

3 Likes

5 Likes

So far this season I’ve seen:

• Island: most likely gonna drop if it goes the way I think it will
  • Yama no Susume: more of the same if you’ve seen the earlier seasons. Decent CGDCT, nothing great but not bad
  • Hanebado!: shaping up to be a very solid sports anime, quite excited for this one
  • Harukana Recieve: another sports anime, if it doesn’t focus too much on fan service then it can be pretty decent
  • Back Street Girls: just ridiculous. I like its absurdity.
  • Chio’s School Road: decent comedy that has its moments. Some of the humor is the same you see in any other show, but it does have some good stuff of its own.

So far a pretty underwhelming season, a couple of good shows but nothing I’m dying for more of at the end of the episode so far. May change as the season progresses and more shows start airing, but that’s the state of things for me so far.

also, stole the 5000th post with this :wink:

2 Likes