Anime Culture Club

does it involve feet? I don’t remember

Lol I wish, but no, it was romance stuff that normal romance series don’t even get around to till maybe the last episode IF we are lucky.

WTF little girls just poofed into orange juice? What? Well that was weird

I kind of liked it on Ep 1 but didn’t watch any more after that.

@TeckMonster Started watching in 2008 conservatively, I was both afraid and excited for the medium.
Didn’t really kick off my anime addiction until mid 2010 when I had nothing better to do and had no xbox at the time. Jesus probably burned through 30 episodes of anime a day at that point. I would stay up well into the night and knock out about 7 am and wake up around 3 pm when my parents were arriving home form work. Their dinner was my breakfast haha.

1 Like
  1. Madoka Magica: the art stule is so unique, beautiful and fitting. Plus the anime is really good.
  2. Kara no kyoukai: Eh it’s a masterpiece, no need to explain.
  3. Mawaru Penguindrum and Yuri Kuma Arashi: I put them togheter as they are from the same author and are spiritual siblings. The art style is really good and there is an heavy reliance on symbolism.

That is actually very spot on for me as well haha. Good times.

I unfortunately thought everything was gold, hence the reason I got rid of all my old ratings.

2 Likes

Watch His and Her Circumstances.

1 Like

What’s everyone’s favorite anime song that is an actual song, not like only used in that anime?

Pretty much anything by Hikaru Utada. She’s done songs for the Evangelion movies and can sing in English without a accent.

She did this same song for kingdom hearts in English but I like the Japanese version better.

Wow we get to watch her wash dishes, such an original music video, it’s a fucking masterpiece.

This masterpiece really speaks to me on an emotional level, I’ve never felt anything like it before.

All it took was 2 seconds of her washing dishes to wow me and suck me in.

After I finished watching this, I feel like all that scrubbing she did scrubbed me clean of any doubts I had of this music video.

10 outa 10 wouldn’t bang again

Imagine a poor little African boy as he viciously struggles to get even a single drop of water, now imagine this Japanese woman using tons of water to wash clean dishes, and then dumps half of the drinking water back into the sink

Just to be clear I ain’t shittin on the song, just the video lol. But the song isn’t really my cup of tea

@Skelterz

1. FLCL I totally agree with. Unsure if they are going to ruin the new season but we’ll see.

2. I can’t say I really agree with this one, although I do like the series. I think the animation was cool and the soundtrack was definitely something different from the normal stuff but the story was super meh due to the episodic nature; which isn’t saying episodic is bad but I don’t think it worked well for this series. Loved the baseball episode.

3. Have not seen this one but I love horrific shit.

@cityle

1. I liked the story as a whole but the ending was left so open ended that I think this disqualifies it from being art.

2. I recently went back and watched a bit of the third movie (after we had that discussion on the fate series). The animation is not as good as I remember with dialogue scenes being really bad. Wish I didn’t go back and have look :frowning: for that imperfection I am not qualifying it as art even though I love the series to bits.

3. I’ll get to it eventually :wink:

@anon11544174

Check out her other stuff as well. Automatic is super good. The reason I like her the most is not nessasarily because I think her songs are the best but I think she produces the most consistent stuff in terms of quality.

Did you watch a episode of Evangelion?

Also heres a movie for you. It’s all about this dude with a foot fetish.

I’m nominating

1. Evangelion - Obviously
  1. Kaiba - Insane to think such a story could conceptually exist and better yet be executed.
  1. Devilman Crybaby - Really fleshed out the tears with incredibly dynamic animation and very progressive story.
1 Like

You talk so much about Evangelion… You wore me down, added to PTW list.

3 Likes

There is a reason the Evangelion franchise can sell merchandise on such a large scale 23 years later after the initial run.

Also I recently re-watched the ending movie and it’s still as glorious as I remember.

5 Likes

you keep that shit up and you’ll end up like me:
https://myanimelist.net/animelist/ThatBootsGuy?status=6

I forget the exact number… but it’s somewhere around 180 unique franchises atm (just 1 title, excludes additional seasons, specials, ovas, onas, movies, spin-offs under the same name, etc).

1 Like

Did you watch the third movie because if not you need to watch it.

I heard the movies were bad.

@oldgek I think you may be interested by that. (I would be really interested to maybe have one these as a new pair of glasses…)
https://otakumode.com/news/5a376fab9feef4656ec4cee5/Puella-Magi-Madoka-Magica-Collab-Glasses-Are-Back!

1 Like

The first and second are just recap so normal. But the third is the continuation of the story and it is gloriously twisted.

I completely agree with you on everything about Samurai Champloo but I consider it art purely on how cool the series feels, the soundtrack, characters and action sequences are done so well that this series has stayed iny mind since I watched it on adult swim and have rewatched it several times since then. I would give it a 10/10 hell probably not even an 8 but I’d still consider it art.

On Madoka, I thought the ending was pretty clear cut, Madoka becomes the god of new a universe all while making Homura’s efforts to save her in vain

The first two movies are recaps with some touched up scenes here and there, not really worth watching but third is fucking phenomenal, I highly recommend it.

Also pretty sure Joelbanks has seen Makoto Shinkai’s foot fetish movie.

1 Like

I thought you was a guy?