Anime Culture Club

cool

I know im hella late on watching Naruto but im bingewatching so many episodes, my emotions so far:

S1 - ohh shit…
S2 - ohh my
S3 - ohh cool
S4 - ohh these guys are funn - FU WHY DID ASUMA HAVE TO DIE! Also sweet new move.
S5 - So many emotional twists, my heart! At least Guren gets a sweet ending.
S6 - Daym Sasuke you a beast, also Kakashi you poor bastard :sob:
S7 - Interesting plot… ohh you BASTARDS! Why did you have to end it like that, screw you two times!
S8 - holy shit, Ohh shit, OHH SHIT, NONONO, WTF IS THAT SPEEEEEED AND POWERRR!

I am not ready for the last two seasons after what they put me through in the last one ;_;

2 Likes

I gave up during the Ninja War. They stretched so many episodes as if they wanted to break DBZ’s record. So many cuts to other locations, nothing really happening. Then show half of it in the next episode.

I’m watching Toilet-Bound Hanako-kun. I adore the art style but it’s a bit slow/a bit over the place with the story. Could be more consistent.
The manga didn’t keep me interested despite the art style being cute too. Put it on hold after the first 2-3 chapters or so (basically after what happens in the first episode).
But it’s easier to keep watching while eating than reading.

2 Likes

Ohh my god do they ever, I skip a lot of parts that they show again from the last episode, it definitely has its quirks but overall im enjoying it a lot. And the filler is so fitting for the time too haha.

2 Likes

For the majority of the show it’s true that I have good memories of it and was entertained.
But when the Ninja War arc still had weekly airing episodes it was just too much.
Similar to when I attempt to watch One Piece I always reach peak saturation somewhere in the middle/near the end of the Skypiea arc. That’s it. By then I just can’t watch any more. Cause it’s literally the same. fucking. thing. over. and. over. again. and. again. and. again. Just with a different story.

It did get like that with Bleach too. I like it a lot, but let’s face it: it’s the same shounen formula like all the other shows.
MC is an outsider (but the audience identifies with them) of some sorts but has a unique trait -> encounters stronger foe -> gets stronger and defeats foe -> encounters even stronger foe -> gets stronger and defeats foe -> etc.

I read the manga, anime is fun to watch if you get it as a random 20 minute youtube suggestion

Yo new shield hero chapter was lit

https://anilist.co/activity/158256592

A friend of mine posted this chart on a discord server, here are some series I have read

go toubun no hanayome

Ended better than domestic gf

Kumo desu go, nani ka?

Was a good read

mushoku tensei isekai ittara honki dasu

Good read, I paused because chapters release once a month

horimiya

Good slice of life puppy romance

tensei shitara slime datta ken 2

Oh boy the plot gets interesting if it catches up to recent manga chapters

kaifuku jutsushi no yarinaoshi

Hella dark, didn’t expect it would get a anime

Dr. Stone

Recent chapters are hella interesting

3 Likes

No Mention of Log Horizon? I’m appalled

5 Likes

January 13th?

1 Like

its there in the bottom corner you just missed it.

It’s not featured prominently enough

1 Like

oh yeah
funny how kaifuku jutsushi no yarinaoshi got ahead of log horizon

dont care log hoirzon happening at all is good news. dont care about time or schedule or prominence just glad its here.

2 Likes

Does this embed properly on discourse? If not is it a issue with discourse or anilist?
https://anilist.co/manga/97808/Zero-Game/

It seems to work on discord

Not much activity here. Have a meme

5 Likes
  1. ?
  2. Steins;Gate
  3. Re:Zero
  4. ?

Yes. That’s exactly my reaction as well.