An Update

So, I posted here not to long ago looking for advice regarding photography. I thought I would give a little bit of an update.

I've managed to create a website to help show off some of my work. It's incredibly rewarding to show it off to friends and family, and it great to look at it myself. I'm considering getting a few printed of some of the astro shots I've taken. I got some pretty good ones during the Presides meteor shower.

Along with all of that, I've returned to college now and I managed to snag a press pass for our sporting events, which, in my opinion, I'm super freaking excited about. The paper I'm shooting for has a couple of lenses for me to use so I don't have to drop serious money on something, but once I get enough saved up and if I enjoy it a lot I might consider buying a nice zoom lens for the sporting events. I also take photos for the local student paper when they need them, which is nice because I get to meet a whole bunch of people involved with the University.

Lastly, thanks to everyone for all the advice given. If you have any comments or criticisms on how I can improve, please let me know!

Link - www.dstewart.me

4 Likes

I don't even know you I got a tear in my eye as it is nice to see someone happy, excited and doing well in life. Keep it up. As for your work are we able to view it at all anywhere?

Oh, I forgot to add a link. It's over at www.dstewart.me

I hate calling it a portfolio, but I couldn't figure out what else to call it. I really need to upload some more photos, but I just haven't had a ton of time. Hopefully I'll get around to it soon.

If you're into night sky photography, try to pick up a cheap, wide angle lense with a large aperture. It would enable you to use lower ISOs, get a bit of the landscape in the pictures and get much cleaner images.

If you don't mind manual focus, Rokinon/Samyang (same company, different branding) could be a good choice.

Sounds like good advice. Everything I shoot right now is with my nifty-fifty lens on my T6i, which is a cropped sensor as well. I could definitely benefit from a wider angle for sure.

And for when you become a millionaire, check out the Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8.