An Attempt to improve Gaming performance

What graphic options you using?

Well yeah i assume that upgrading mobo + cpu,
might be a good idea to think about right now.
Although the 7700K 4 core should still be good for many games.
However having more cores can definitely be a benefit nowdays with certain AAA titles.

The i5-10600K 6 core 12 threads is basically the best kinda bang for buck,
when it comes to purely gaming performance with higherend gpu’s,
like a 2070 Super and up.
However since you are using a 5700XT as your gpu.
You could also consider going with AMD Ryzen 3600X (XT) and a B550 board.
This will be a cheaper solution, and in terms of gaming performance difference,
between the 10600K and 3600X with a 5700XT should be very minimal / marginal at best.
With a few exceptions for those games which will benefit from high boost clocks.

But of course also the resolution matters you want to play on.
The higher the resolution the more gpu bound you will be going to get.

I will get those later this weekend.

I think this is what is possibly the other side of my issue, I was given a 1440p 144hz monitor because one corner has a dead 1/4" circle in the lower left corner. Do not bug me. but they didn’t want it.

I Just had the parts for a build I am doing for someone else show up, I am going to build their system and try Modern warfare with their GPU and record results then Swap my 5700XT in. and see the issues follow the card or stop with the newer parts.

Thanks again everyone for giving input and helping me out.

1 Like

Ok so I had same issue with game crashing in PUBG. I had set main screen to run unlimited fps cause the statistics for Radeon were bring skewed by 60 fps on lobby. Anyways had to turn my minimum slider back to 0 to get it to stop crashing. I am doing more testing and am on 20.7.2 Radeon software and early this morning I was holding 130-144fps in PUBG with essentially stock settings except for max fan speed at 85%.

So, Borrowed my friends 2080 Super while waiting for his other parts, I can just say… Something is definitely is wrong with my 5700XT, Firstly My CPU is runs much closer to 85% Utilization, With all of my extra stuff open…, I close it out everything else, The CPU Drops down to 65%. Only time the CPU jumps is if I was running into an area I had not been in/loaded. Played two games with 1% lows only getting down to 30FPS, Everything was Smoother than Before. No Jittering or “lag” from the GPU keeping up.

I know this is A completely Different Class of GPU, But Even the Lows are Smooth. Playing the game felt completely different.

So, I guess I will Save up for the larger difference in GPU or Wait for 3000 series, And I will look at going for at least 10600k or similar CPU.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.