AMD Ryzen Part 2: 4-way Ryzen vs Intel: Double Blind Experiment (Part 2 of 3) | Level One Techs

Can't find it on ebay and I'm in the market for a 4k 55" TV. Is it good for gaming? What's the price point?

Around 1k. The response time is good. It has two dp inputs. Use dp for sure

1 Like

I'm not complaining, 'cause it is interesting to hear that neither machine was perfect; all exhibited minor glitches of one sort, or another. But, I would like to see some objective analysis of frame pacing and whether/how much the CPU contributes to this, or if the GPU architecture is the primary determining factor in frame pacing. Also, what combination of parts currently provides the best frame pacing results, eg. Intel/Nvidia, Intel/AMD, AMD/AMD, AMD/Nvidia. Or, is the hardware now so friggin' good that frame pacing is no longer an issue?

Scott Wasson went over to Team Red specifically to champion frame pacing, as opposed to raw maximum FPS. What progress have they made in the past year? Where are the challenges, CPU, GPU, driver, operating system, DP, HDMI, all, neither? Scott recently appeared on Linus' show and there was no discussion on this topic, whatsoever. #MissedOpportunity

a lot of that, for at least gta v, is covered tomorrow. the graphs are interesting, and a lot of winning claims for team red and team blue can be made.

we also tested the fury on tomb raider, but tomb raider wasnt one of our double blind tests. curiously ryzen seems to have some kind of cap around 150 fps +/- depending on things.

1 Like