Amd reset bug solved

I saw a video of one of the owners of level1tech about solving the amd reset bug for radeon cards in a Linux environment. Is there a way to apply such patch to Unraid (which AFAIK is based on Slackware)?
Thanks for helping.

The patch(s) for the reset bug on AMD cards is outdated.

The current development effort is going into a kernel module, which does not require kernel patching at all:

The vendor-reset kernel module is best installed through DKMS. I would suggest looking in UnRAID documentation and/or asking their support for how to use DKMS with UnRAID.

Do I understand , the module implementing the “current” fix has not been released yet ? is that correct? can you tell me what the module name is so that I can check for its release / pre-release, while checking out DKMS with Unraid?
Thank you for your help.

Kind of.

It has been “released” as in the code is publicly available. It has not been “released” as in having a release tagged.

It is the github repository that I linked above. The name of the module is the same as the name of the repository; vendor-reset.

1 Like

Thanks, I saw theer are people preparing patched kernels for unraid, I have not compiled a kernel in… way too long I care to admit :slight_smile:
This gives me a reson to go back to that :slight_smile: