[AMD/RADEON] Navi NextGen™ GPU Rumors & News TINFOIL HAT Edition

AMD 7nm Navi GPU Allegedly Shows Impressive Performance In Lab For 2H 2019 Launch

1 Like

1 Like

Radeon Navi Announcement in Los Angeles at E3 – 12-14 June

&

Radeon Navi hard launch – July 7th

These cards will be based on the Navi 10 GPU as well as a smaller variant called Navi 12. Navi 10 will allegedly power the RX 3080 which is rumored to be priced around $250 and deliver Vega 64 / GTX 1080 / RTX 2070 class performance. However if it ends up being faster we can also reasonably expect it to be more expensive, so don’t rule out a $300+ price point. The Navi 12 powered RX 3070 and 3060 are expected to compete down the stack with NVIDIA’s current 1660 Ti and 1660.

1 Like

Please be cautiously optimistic (and I say this as an amd fan).

Amd’s radeon division has failed to deliver far too many times in the past for me to get my hopes up.

and even if those prices are on point

all that will happen is that nvidia will drop prices to match their equivalent and people will just carry on buying nvidia.

4 Likes

I would be cautiously optimistic due to how limited money was at AMD for the longest time.

Looking at Zen, AMD certainly can deliver, question that is TBD is if they will deliver.

3 Likes

I don’t follow AMD too closely, so please correct me if I’m wrong. But, didn’t Sony pay for Navi 10 development for their PS5? That being the case, it shouldn’t be too expensive/difficult for AMD to develop a discreet consumer version of Navi 10 for the general public.

Anywhoo before getting too excited, wasn’t Navi 20 supposed to be the “enthusiast” version of this new architecture?

2 Likes

Possibly. In case Sony did pay the majority, we will get exactly the performance Sony was willing to pay for (wich may or may not be underwhelming).

All we have is rumors, but yes, that could be how it is.

I’ll believe it when I see it.

1 Like

Thing is, when Sony and AMD really collaborated this thing, then it may be the ultimate performance per watt card.

At 1080p60 on “console settings”

1 Like

Well that’s fine and all… but I guess for RTG’s longterm stability it’s a good thing. However for discreet I’d sacrifice performance if it could actually be available AND compete well with NVidia.

• Open driver stack
  • no geforce experience bullshit
  • design wins for all the major consoles
  • providing GPUs to INTEL :smiley:
  • partered with Google for Stadia
  • wicked high end compute for 1/3 to 1/4 of the cost of the competition (Radeon VII)
  • great performance per dollar (in general)

Oh wait, sorry…

OH NOES THEY DONT HAVE A CARD AS FAST AS THE $2K NVIDIA CARD NO ONE BUYS

5 Likes

Or the 600 to 900 dollar 1080Ti’s that everyone buys.

1 Like

The console’s storage drive is also going to be a “little more specialized”, and much faster than the standard PS4 hard drive. The drive found in the current dev kit cuts load times considerably, and Cerny confirmed that it has raw bandwidth higher than any SSD available.

inb4 nvme PS5 confirmed

If you think everybody buys 1080TIs you’re kinda delusional.

If you think you need a 2K NVidia card to be faster than an AMD product you are delusional.

Guys, make love not GPU wars :heart:

1 Like

Not really a war… but I certainly won’t hold my breath after the epic failings of AMD’s RTG over the past couple of years. Whether its performance, unable to keep up with demand or both… when Navi can perform up there with NVidia and actually be readily available I’ll buy in. RTG is a complete 180 of the CPU division.

As you seem to know, call me up when the next crypto rush happens, I’d like to get in on it.

Call me when Navi lives upto the hype train. It really shouldn’t be a problem to not buy into the hype until it actually comes out, is priced, and performance measured.