AMD Radeon Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.3.3 driver

I found that using the 19.3.3 driver has turned my Nitro RX 480 8GB OC into a hovercraft sitting on top of a turbine powered aircraft air carrier…
Maybe these drivers were ment to calm down the Radeon VII’s fan profile but it discombobulated mine. and maybe other RX 4 and 5 series cards. Plus it dropped my cards thermal limit to 75°c.
Before my card wouldn’t throttle at all, until it got up to 82°c.
also the fans would be dead silent and when it hit 75°c the card would blow full bore at 3000rpm.
I went back to driver adrenaline 19.3.2 and my fan and temp range went back to normal.
I just wondered if anyone else has ran into the same issue.

1 Like

This has happened in the past too with AMD drivers. Did you do a clean install, like fully removing the old drivers first either through radeon control panel or DDU, and then install the new drivers?

I have never noticed it mess with the temp limit but the drivers were simpler back then too.

2 Likes

My fan curve maxes out to 70c so thats probably it

The auto fan curve on these seem a bit ehh schizophrenic? Temps are fine 58c/78c junction and it revs up to 3k for some reason. Then a bit later it goes back down to below 2k but then temps are 70c/100c.

Also every boot my wattman settings get reset because of a failure…