AMD CPU/GFX Build w/Ubuntu 20.04 for UE4

What I have so far (ordered, on the way)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600x (Upgrading later to a Ryzen 9 3900x)
MOBO: ASUS - TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)
RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB 3200 14-14-14-34
PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-850, 850W 80+ Gold, Full-Modular
Drives: Samsung 850 Evo SSD 250GB
WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal PC SSD
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB (Old as dirt)

Since I’ll mainly be running Linux on this, I may dual boot in the future, with UE4 I may have to any ways, I am wondering about any possible instability issues I may run into with this setup, especially since the board is a newer release. I choose to stick with ASUS(Tuf) since my last board, that has lasted me around 7 years (Tuf 990fx 2.0) and it was an open box, that they RMA’d for free, minus shipping and handling.

GPU Issue:
Currently I have a gtx 960 and I want to upgrade, I really like the idea of sticking with NVidia for dealing with graphics on Linux (RTX 2060 Super) as AMD doesn’t have a good track record on Linux. Really wanting to go full AMD if I could and from what I read in forum posts and reviews I don’t know if its worth it. Should I stick with the safe bet, or has AMD Linux drivers finally caught up to NVidia? I’ll mainly be using it for compiling software and running/compiling Unreal Engine 4, hence the 32 gigs of ram and upgrading to a processor with more cores and threads later on.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.