AMD Computex Livestream

Ah OK.

We shall see.

You’d think they’d talk about APUs yesterday if they were gonna do it Q3.

Do we know if the 8 core 3700x and 3800x cpus are using a single chiplet?

WCCFtech also “leaked” a $99 6c/12t Ryzen 3 boosting to 4Ghz at only 50w, which I thought would be really amazing. Note AMD isn’t talking about lower-end CPUs at all yet.

1 Like

Likely single chiplet. I think it will depend on yields.

1 Like

If that is the case, I would guess Infinity Fabric wouldn’t be a thing and have less reliance on RAM timings/speed.

E3 maybe?

6 core for $200 I saw

“Rounding out the new CPU family is the Ryzen 5 3600, a six-core/12-thread chip that’ll sell for just $199. For $50 more, you can snag the 3600X, which has a higher 95W TDP and 200MHz faster base and boost clock speeds. All of the new Ryzen CPUs will support PCIe 4.0, which will offer around 42 percent faster storage speeds than PCIe 3.0. That’s going to help future proof these chips a bit, since it’ll be the standard of choice for upcoming high-end graphics cards and nVME drives.”

Yeah, their “leak”, and again note the quotes, had Ryzen 3/5/7/9 at 6/8/12/16 cores respectively. So obviously they got it wrong.

Yeah, I was gonna say that’s the next one.

Just to remind yall, the Adored leaks were waay off:

1 Like

There is no need to sell a 6 core that cheap price seems about correct for where the market is and how well intel can react (they cant)

He only speaks the truth how dare you post that fake news

1 Like

banned

Don’t get me wrong, the 12c leaks were true, but we knew that would happen.

1 Like

I could have seen amd doing 16 core if IPC wasnt as good as they got it and Intel didnt get smacked in the balls yet again with more security issues

Also good to keep card in pocket if Intel is like i9 12 core no HT and it gets close to amd 3900x, for a good price (hell will freeze over first)

Also his 3600g would have been money

Yeah, i think they definitely held back due to both that and yields. Think about it. This is the first 7NM to hit the market.

The 12 core is 2x6, right? or 8+4. This means you can take two faulty dies that would otherwise have been a low-tier CPU and pack them up and sell them as your flagship.

I can’t wait to see Zen 2 mobile stuff.

Also Epyc is probably printing money at this point people are like fuck we need to diversify off intel a bit and Epyc IPC is solid now

China has dropped Intel 100%. That’s huge.

Azure is going AMD.

AWS has just rolled out their T3A (A for AMD) class of instances which provide 10% cost savings on top of the 20% cost savings of going T3 over T2.

Soon I might have to make my hard decision of selling my AMD stock (figure their cap is around $32-38 a share)

1 Like

I really wish I wasn’t broke when they were $2 a share.

3 Likes

@GigaBusterEXE had some at like $6