AMD Computex Livestream

matx seems to be a bit abandoned indeed.

I dont get why people put like 1-2 cards tops why have full size when you could save some space on / next to your desk

I am praying my crosshair vii will support the 2900x. Jeeze if I have to buy a new mobo I will have to wait till probably black Friday.

prob not XD

In all honestly i dont see why not, but who knows. Seems like it should, might bottleneck OC or Ram tho

Just checked QVL not there ATM

Wonder there is 1 or 2 chiplets on 3700x vs 3800x to enable more OC etc. Will be interesting to see how these two pan out in comparison with everything.

MSI says their past boards wont support it, but ASUS says theirā€™s will. So here is to praying I guess.

MSI siad no to first gen, not recommended to 2nd gen boards i believe

1 Like

You still find them in common consumer PCs, so RIP mATX in the enthusiast market.

Asrock to the rescue hopefully

17 posts were merged into an existing topic: More Intel CPU Speculative Bugs

Cleaned up as mega off topic partly my bad

Careful, there. That sounds suspiciously close to another quote:

Though I do agree itā€™s more cores than you currently need for general computing. :slight_smile:

And to go back on topic, anyone knows the roadmap for next generation APUs? And will X570 ever support ECC RAM? Thinking about picking up a 2400G for a Looking Glass Mini-ITX build, butā€¦

removing timer since it seems that people want to continue discussing this

APUs are supposed to be 2020.

X570 should support ECC, since memory support is about the CPU, not so much the mobo.

How much do you need it? If you need it, go for it. The 2400G isnā€™t expensive ($130) and you can always upgrade, if you go X570.

Donā€™t want to get into a flame war or pissing contest, but what planet have you been on? Sure they are not the toppest of the tippsy top highest end but they have been plenty decent since they have existed. I have not had and great push to change away from my R9 290. Though when something suitable, to me, comes up I would change. For now it is still doing everything I could want.

Donā€™t feed the trolls.

1 Like

Nooooooo! :frowning: :sob::sob::sob:

I am settling for a 3900x, donā€™t need 16 cores. Plus in my work load, Lisa said it would be 200% of the performance of my 1800x.

1 Like

Huh? Youā€™re going for 8 core TR? That seems odd.

1 Like

WCCFtech leaks said Q3 for Zen2 APUs, but you know, WCCFtech. So donā€™t hold your breath.

rip, 3900x