Amd compatible incompatible driver

Uhh, I’m not sure what to make of this mess:
shrodingers driver

It’s a r9 7900 iGPU using adrenalin 23.12.1

Schrödingers driver :confused:

1 Like

Right, but you open the box and it’s still in an undecided state xD

do a full safe mode DDU sweep, plus use DDU to set the ‘Do not allow windows update to install drivers’ check box.

then install the AMD drivers again.

for some reason this seems to be more common with the PRO driver, but it can happen on either branch.

3 Likes

Now I remember. I had something similar with a HP Zbook with AMD pro GPU. The reason was a software mismatch - an AMD pro driver and the AMD Adrenaline Gaming Software. In my case my company’s update service pushed the pro driver while I switched it into gaming mode before.

1 Like

Yes what was said here and unplug the ethernet cable or disconnect the wifi when installing

1 Like

Sadly this didn’t work
Same situation, back to square 1

custom build?
what board
and what chipset driver version?

Yeah, custom build
The borad is MSI MPG B650i Edge WiFi
AMD Chipset Software version is 5.08.02.027

Msi ships an older driver for the igpu

Is there a reason as to why you are using the adrenaline version?

What should I use?

I would remove them all like before through ddu(also remove adrenaline first in normal mode before ddu and let ddu do the final cleaning)in safe mode

Install just the normal driver for your card without adrenaline and without being connected to the internet.

1 Like

also, you are getting the downloads through the AMD support site, not the MSI driver downloads page, correct?

something is continually unlinking and overwriting your GPU driver specifically. usually using DDU with the ‘do not allow windows to install drivers’ setting can get around that. at least for a while.

Through amd, yes!
‘Do not allow windows to install drivers’ was checked on by default in DDU.
So I have done that already.

All the drivers in amd support page for my cpu are adrenalin edition

There is some things in here that I feel make the video longer then it should but the jiff of it is there. Try that

1 Like

Oh! That’s such a neat trick. Thank you

Now the AMD Software Compatibility Tool doesn’t detect any AMD Software Application.
That’s probably to be expected.
I’m still not getting anything on the display

Is it just black or what’s going on?

Just black, nothing has changed. It was like that before