AMD Adrenalin 19.2.3 - Laptop Vega driver

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-2-3

Havent yet tested with my laptop but thats going to be little project for tomorrow, Lenovo rage inc :laughing:

I installed it. Testing it now on my R7 2700U. Hoping the weird video issues go away permanently.

1 Like

Hopefully it’ll fix the crashing/dying I’ve been having since I got this laptop.

Downloading now.

1 Like

Wow… freesync :sunglasses:

also, 540 has enhanced sync but that Vega 8 doesnt

Right should note that I did simply install the driver on top of Lenovo one, I didnt feel like gambling with DDU and if update behaves as I want it to

I keep hearing the correct procedure when changing graphics card driver’s uses DDU to remove the old driver’s before adding a new graphics card’s diver. Is the reason you didn’t follow the correct procedure DDU might mess up laptop’s setting?

Used it a little last night, hasn’t crashed yet.

Can toggle Freesync now too, although not like it matters much with the iGPU.

This is exciting news for many.

Although it might be too soon for me to be excited, I heard they are working on Linux drivers regarding the stability problems as well.

Next great step would be to make Ryzen Master to be also for mobile ryzen
while also making that to profile in tandem with Adrealine, that’d be epic

Another Update:

Haven’t had a single crash since installation of the AMD driver, so a bit over a week without issue.

That is much better than the one to four crashes that I was getting every single day beforehand.

If anybody has mobile Ryzen I strongly recommend downloading the driver from AMD.

I haven’t had any issues with my 2700U Dell at all since the update. Games run a little smoother as well.