AMD 14.1 Drivers are out!

mantel is all cool and stuff, but it broke my minecraft :L

i cannot see any blocks in it, all other games run just fine :(

Fix for MC here http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=386289

ah, thank you man, you are a life saver, i was about to roll back the drivers :L

correct me if I'm wrong but this update is only the mantle API and no actual 'driver' updates.

And thrsd drivers have broke my pc. Yay, thanks amd

I am a believer. Just installed 14.1, ran it through heaven for shits and giggles. No gain when using openGL, but DirectX11 my frames have jumped up. Minimum is still the same, but everything else is higher. 

Time to see what else these drivers can do. I wasn't expecting much to be honest.

BETA

Yes but other people are actually able to use their PC's and play games and see improvements. I cant even see my screen once booting into windows and cant use my PC basically.

So these were needed for BF4's Mantle implementation. Which is supposed to let it run better.

Well then. Siege of Shanghai, 20 fps LESS and massive stuttering (fps drops making it freeze for half a second every few secons). Yea, no thanks. Not sure who to blame EA/DICE or AMD. But since EA/DICE have been an such a streak of fuckups starting with releasing a less finished product than the beta, and apparently not finished with fucking up the game, I'd have to go with blaming them.

This pretty much makes BF4's Mantle implementation DoA for me. Let's hope Thief manages to get it right. Or if AMD is to blame that they fix it soon enough.

I wouldn't have minded seeing barely or no improvement, but such a step back is unacceptable.

(FX8350+HD7790)

Same.

Get drops down to 30 FPS just simply aiming down sights.

what benching means to me:

I haven't tried Battlefield yet. Everything else seems ok. 

you're profile pic makes me feel your pain even more XD

idk wahts wrong, wish i could help. but for me the driverfs worked well besides the minecraft derp but that was fixed easily. rollback and wait for a finished version?

Wow, just came back to this XD So far BF4 has been buttery smooth for me (8350 + R9 290) However had some odd issues with my monitors, seemed like every time I alt+tab'd it would turn off my monitors for a good minute, then it would turn it would turn back on. It was very and frustrating, so I'm back to 13.12 and no issues with it. I will probably reinstall again today, but if it does it again, I will just wait for 14.2

anyone notice that the starswarm demo doesnt even put a full load on either the CPU or the GPU in dx mode? sounds fishy as fuck.

I tested Catalyst 14.1 vs Catalyst 13.12 on FX-8350 (stock 4.0) single 7970 (stock 1000/1450).. Same frames.. >_> ultra, x4, v-sync off,1080p, 89fps ave, 64fps low, 115 high (single GPU).. so basically no adds yet..

too many screen tears on Cat 14.1, while Cat 13.12 is fine and sweet.. Maybe stay on 13.12 7970/280x users.. 

Well your unlucky looks like the 7970 dident fair well in testing (at the moment) my 7950 had good improvments

http://bit.ly/1gIWDsn

Well the drivers are still in beta state, so still not fully functional, i personaly gonne wait, for a non beta release. ☺

Its normal if you have some issues with beta released drivers, its still in developing.

7970 Results:

Mantle (48.73 fps, 17,545 total frames):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nwym8f1zyxvry2f/Screenshot%202014-02-04%2012.27.24.png

Direct (34.56 FPS, 12,441 Total Frames):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ng0z4p92h6nsyl/Screenshot%202014-02-04%2012.27.12.png

While its awesome to see that kind of improvement, the skeptical side of me is still just waiting to see if I get these figures in games I play in the future.  I sure would hope an app created to show the performance increase showed a big increase between the two.

Well thats a huge improvement.

Haven't spent much time with it but for some reason the drivers use gpu 2 instead of gpu 1 when crossfire is turned off. I get really bad frames and stuttering in BF4. Crossfire in 14.1 is currently unusable with both mantle and directx. Rolled back to 13.12 for now, but hopefully 14.2 is already in the works.