AM5 and Thunderbolt cards

Because the thunderbolt card, including passthrough, is integrated on the motherboard. If you’re getting AM5 and require thunderbolt, the X670E ProArt is going to be the most convenient option.

Asus ProArt X670E owner here, I have black screen and horizontal tearing every few seconds doing GPU-> DP-in → USB4 → 4k 10bit DP display … while GPU → DP to display is fine … So it may still break …

1 Like

Anyone here experience with those Thunderbolt soundcards, and such thunderbolt add in cards. I really want to know if it if works. For futhere upgrade’s. I don’t want to be condemt to eat aples for my hardware needs

hi all,

at the moment i have a similar setup. i put my pc ( intel asus board) in another room and connected it over the Asus Thunderbolt Add in card and the corning cable to a belkin TB3 Dock. so far all works perfectly. i wanted to go over to AMD with the new AM5 CPU’s but had never luck to get this thing running with an older AM4 Setup.

Maybe you gonna try also the EX4 Thundebolt Card with an ASUS Board - would be intresting if it works now with AM5 and corning cable.

Current 1807 BIOS? There’s also a newer Thunderbolt controller driver available from Intel than what’s listed on the ASUS support page:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/740751/intel-thunderbolt-4-driver-for-windows-10-64-bit-for-intel-nuc-12-pro-kits-mini-pcs-nuc12ws-nuc12wsv.html

Hi so, I created my account here because I’ve been having inconsistent success at best and ASUS support was of absolutely zero help (shocker I know).

I have an issue with the Thunderboltex 4 card I installed in my PRIME X670-P WIFI after I upgraded to a 7800X3D. I have the card installed on the 3rd slot like the motherboard guide says, everything is plugged in properly (including 6-pin power cable), but the 2nd TB port is the only one that works when I have a TB4 cable plugged into it (my only TB device is a CalDigit TS4). The 1st TB port does not work at all and I haven’t tried the mini-DP ports.

I’m not trying to get display out, and my peripherals work through my TS4 hub, but I can’t locate a single USB4 or TB4 controller in my Device Manager and while my devices work while installed in the hub, I would like to have full use of the card for potential future use cases. Also the hub and card both do not show up in the Thunderbolt Control Center, the hub shows up as 18 ports in Device Manager however. That and the fact I’m literally typing on my keyboard right now show it’s working.

What I want to know and what I’m asking for here is, do I have a problem here or is it just a perceived issue? Did I do something wrong with my installation that was out of order or something and now I can’t locate the controllers?

My BIOS is up to date except for the most recent revision which I haven’t done yet because I don’t want to mess something up more. Thunderbolt is enabled in my BIOS and, as an attempted fix, I have it set to USB4 controller only as opposed to no security.

I would appreciate any guidance at this point, I don’t have the funds to replace these parts that easily so I’d like to get this all working without needing to get stuff to use to troubleshoot.