AM4 Mini-ITX News and gossip!

Hey there. I am sure that there are more of you that are waiting for Mini-ITX boards for the AM4 platform.
I wanted to start a thread where people could post news or gossip (if there are any) that you found about Mini-ITX AM4 boards.

Here is only thing that I have come across (and I am sure everyone knows this) The Biostar board ... NOW WITH RACING STRYPES

Anyone else have any news or sweet gossip to share with us that are hopelessly waiting to be able to finish their Ryzen build ??

4 Likes

There's already some ASRock information in here

And there's stuff on the Biostart and Gigabyte boards in these two threads

1 Like

I Like Ugly Motherboards

2 Likes

Ugliest caps I have ever seen. Why have the color scheme of a bee, on your capacitor?

YAS. Ah the colour does not matter to me. I am going to be sticking it into a core 500 so I will hardly see it.

But yes! Hopefully these start coming to us here in Europe soon.

1 Like

I will be needing one of these motherboards soon. However I'm wondering if I should wait for VEGA which is going to be CRAZY expensive or sell my 980ti and get a amd580 once its out later this month (or next)?

The catch is with the case I have its only 250mm clearance and typically only good for BLOWER style cards so we will see. I would LOVE to get VEGA sooner but its looking to be taking far too long to arrive and I'd better be careful with budget until end of year when some cash frees up.

As for Biostar x370 itx board, given it can't do sli, having this chipset will only increase the cost and offer no benefits?

As for news, well Asrock will have a b350 itx board out sometime this month.

C'mon, JJ! @illuminatiASUS

Are you still around/active with ASUS?

Gimme an itx AM4 board on the level of RoG Impact, or at least the new Strix Z270 itx offering!

Yes pls! But to be honest I would settle for just an ITX-board that can do overclocking. asap asus

Waiting on ASRock ITX! I am contemplating Core 500 -> Node 202 so I have time to wait.

I'm pretty much all ready for my ITX build, just waiting on motherboard options. I swapped my 980ti for a furyX not long back so that takes care of the 250mm max gpu size issue I had. I MAY get a Vega card but thats going to take a couple months as I will be waiting to see what the benchmarks are like before buying, and only if the price is right (still skeptical on HBM2 pricing).

Need 2 m.2 slots on my mini, really trying to hold out dont want to go intel, but Itx boards are taking for fucking ever.

I am building with a core 500. Really good so far. Good use of space. I am going to be cramming a Noctua D15 in it so ... I hope that goes well.

Its compatible on paper.

I'm on the same boat here. I am literally looking at a finished build - a motherboard. Its just sitting here waiting.

As soon* as there are decent options for a Mini-ITX motherboard, I will be building an ultra-compact SFF system, something like this:

* and as soon as I have saved enough cash of course :smile:

4 Likes

Same here. I am just doing a weekly search on the local stores for am4. Mine will look very similar to that one as well!

1 Like

If you're going to post your building experience here on the forums, I am definitely going to check it out :smiley:

2 Likes

Noted. I have done that before. Probably fun to do it again. :grinning:

2 Likes

I will just stay with the stock 1600 cooler and set it to a slightly more aggressive profile then normal. Pretty sure my case can't take a HSF that large due to power supply being in way or something.

I'm still deciding on what to do with memory, buy some cheap 16gb 3200 stuff or shell out for cl14 32gb ddr4 3200... Given that these boards only have 2 ddr4 slots, the options are quite limited.

With that huge cpu cooler idk about it being ultra sff

The thing is that I can't go much smaller with the cooler anyways because of the GPU and if I want to overclock the CPU a little bit, I will need a decent cooler that doesn't make too much noise. :wink: