AM3+ Micro-ATX Options?

I am wondering what my options are for making an AM3+ Micro-ATX that supports all the specs I desire. I already have everything else to make this rig except the mobo.

The mobo specs I desire are as follows:

Sata 3 (6Gb/s), USB 3.0, DDR3, AM3+ (Black Socket)

The issue I am running into is that all of the current mobos that have these specs are no longer in production. Every manufacturer has discontinued all the AM3+ Micro-ATX mobo's in favor for FM2 and the APU's. Basically the only mobo's that are really left on the market are the older mobo's that have 710 Southbridges which do not support Sata 3 (6Gb/s). The very few that do have an 850 Southdbidge do not have the AM3+ (Black Socket) and many of which are even missing USB 3.0 support.

There is a market for AM3+ small form factor (Micro-ATX), yet the selection that we have is pretty much dwendling to a non-exisent state. It is becoming harder and harder to find any if at all. A small few have popped up on ebay but that is really all that I have been able to find.

Here is a small list of mobo's that support the specs I desire, but I can not seem to find any of them in stock anywhere. :(

• ASRock 880GMH/U3S3
  • ASRock 890GM Pro3 R2.0
  • ASUS M5A88-M
  • ASUS M5A88-M EVO
  • Gigabyte GA-880GMA-USB3
  • MSI 880GMA-E35 (FX)

So the questions I have are these:

Is the future of AMD's FX no longer going to be with the Small Form Factor such as Micro-ATX? Have we basically seen the last of that mix?

Do you all think that the motherboard manufactures will make any new Micro-ATX mobo's for the next gen of AMD Chipsets (I.E. 10-Series)?

You know one Micro-ATX I would have loved to see made, is a 990FX Micro-ATX. That would have been cool. I could care less if it did not have any on-board GPU as there are slots for descrete GPU's on Micro-ATX mobo's. I wonder why no-one has tried something like that? I would buy one of those in a heartbeat if someone could make one.

Anyways what do you all think about this? Any insight on what I could do? Should I wait and see what the 10-Series mobo's are like or should I scrap this idea of using my AMD CPU for a Micro-ATX and try to find something else to use all my other parts for?

the only mother board brand I trust is ASUS I've had WAY too much trouble with MSI and Gigabyte

board to board basis on asrock, since they take an effort to compete with Asus

this board has the beefest power phases out of all the M-atx asus boards at 4+1 at 140w max

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131942

well i would realy not recommend to build an m-atx  am3+ setup. Because if you want to use a decent cpu, like FX8320/8350, those m-atx boards are just not made for them.

If you want a m-atx build then go with intel. if you want amd for its price, then build a ATX build with a Decent AM3+ mobo.

^this, intel actively researches how to make trace piplines smaller and more effecient thus they have more powerful stuff on smaller boards, Asus has taken advantage of this with their ITX and Matx Deluxe and Maximus boards

ASRock 990FX PROFESSIONAL AMD 990FX & SB950 ATX DDR3 800 AMD - AM3+ Motherboard

@ gigabusterEXE

ASUS is what I usually get as well. I love there stuff. Yet I do not mind change and would be willing to try other brands. But the problem I am running into is that it is hard to find a mobo with my desired specs. :( For instance. The mobo you linked does not support the sata 3 (6Gb/s) that I want for my SSD's that I have sitting here.

I may just have to go that route though and get a lower spec board for use with my current hardware and use my SSD's on a different project or just completely buy an entirely new set of hardware for my current Micro-ATX case. :(

@ MisteryAngel

The main reason I was hoping to make a small form factor is for when traveling. I travel a lot. But on top of that the main reason I was thinking of going for an AM3+ for the Micro-ATX was becase I already have a Micro-ATX Case and all the extra hardware for such a setup and I wanted it to be able to be upgraded with something better in the future, if need be. I just needed a mobo for it. You see I already have an AM3 CPU but I want the option to replace it with something better if need be if and when the time comes. What I have right now is a Phenom II 1100T Black Edition.

I guess I could just buy a different CPU to utilize all the rest of the hardware. Like maybe make an APU or get an Intel for it. Or I could just make another Full ATX rig for use with my Phenom CPU, but I will have to buy a new Case as well as a new Mobo.

I don't know. I guess I have things to think about. :(

i agree with the above. i am currently in mid build of a "console killer" system/ultra portable LAN system and i looked for a LONG time for the type of board you want..let me just say, it doesnt exist. i went with intel's i3 2120 and an asrock motherboard and i get insane performance with that. (i3 because its cheap)

well if you want a pc to travel then i would say go with intel.

AMD just doesn´t have great M-atx boards. there are a few boards but with older chipsets, ofc you can run your phenom on it, and with a bios update, you wille be able to trow a FX6300 on it.. but still that doesn´t realy give you much upgrade path, you better with a decent 990FX chipsetboard, but they only at ATX unfortunatly.

on intel you have more choices about great mobo´s, you can keep you m-atx case, and trow in a i5-4670K, with a decen  m-atx board, like the Asus Z87 Gryphon.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1292H

vector roll I'm pretty good at sqeezing things into a budget, what's your budget, what parts do you already heve, and what are you going to use it for, gaming, recording and streaming your gameplay, editing, CAD?

I really do not have a budget. I am just trying to utilize all my spare parts I have sitting around that are not being used. I have a couple of SSD's and HDD's, a bit DDR3 ram, a couple of older GPU's, and a few other odds and ends. I also have about five sound cards laying around, three of which are XF-i which I really do not care for anymore. Heck I even have a full Liquid cooling system that I am not using at the moment. I sort of want to start using this stuff up. But I only have one spare case at the moment and it is Micro-ATX lan box style.

My main gaming rig right now is a Sabertooth 990FX. I am using an older FX8150 in it. That is where my old Phenom II 1100T came from. When the FX8150 came out I picked one up to try it. It left me with a spare CPU. So now I am trying to find a use for it but I also want a smaller PC for travelling.

Anyways thanks for all of your suggestions. I think I'll just get something else for my Lan case. Like an Intel or maybe try an APU out. For my Phenom CPU I'll just start looking at getting another 900 Series mobo and see if I can another cheap case for it.

well I'd start selling some of that extra stuff and use that cash to fund an intel lan box