AM3+ board amd 24gb gpu

Hello forum,

i got a old AM3+ system and wanted to use an old nvidia m40 for AI stuff. however the board is to old and does not support 24gb cards. are there any AM3+ boards out there that can handle 24gb GPUs?

as a side note the cpu is irrelevant for my use case and the only reason i want to use this old system is for power consumption reasons and hopefully a cheap used board.

Update your bios to latest, disable csm, enable above 4g encoding see if that helps

i already did all that. mobo will not boot.

You’ll unlikely find an am3+ with enough bar space
Even Uber high end ones, it’s just too old for that to have been a problem to reasonably encounter, it’s hit or miss on haswell

I mine on am3+. There are am3+ rigs that will do 12 GPUs with uefi support. Look for an 890fx board with quad crossfire support. Like an msi gd70. You will find a lot of these that will work for you are very expensive, as the miners know they work also.

You might actually be able to build a am4 rig for about the same price.

sounds interesting. i will see if i can snag one up.

not sure if i want to go the am4 rout and build up a complete system. i try to reuse my old parts and keep the cost low. if the boards are do expensive then i will just keep it in my current system till i upgrade it.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.