Am I The Only MSI User With This Problem...?

Alright, I was almost tempted to post 2 different forum links about this problem, I’ve had over the last few days, but I figured I could just simply explain what has happened even if this will be a somewhat lengthy post. :man_shrugging: Without further ado, let’s just jump right in.

So, about a week ago, I made the decision to do a clean fresh install of Windows because I thought at the time that 1 of my games had become corrupted. [Turned out just yesterday, it’s actually an issue affecting other players who play the same game as well & Origin/EA said they will be fixing it soon. So it’s not just me with this game issue.]

After I did a fresh clean install of Windows 11 on my custom-pc, I’ve since had issues with the Realtek Audio driver. :facepalm: And trying to get the issue resolved has been a real challenge to say the least. >:( For anyone wondering, my process after doing a fresh clean install of Windows is simple: do the drivers first, then system updates [Both important AND optional.], & then I re-install any additional software I had before like games, browsers, a few system tools, etc.

Since I brought up the issue, here’s what happens: I manage to get the audio driver installed with no problems during installation. But after I reboot, I have noticed that the overall system audio has been a bit lower than what it should be which is clearly NOT normal. [And I really have to CRANK the volume up quite a bit just to hear it which I’m not so crazy about doing.] So far, I have only used my headset with the pc as I have been trying to figure out what’s going on. If I can at least get the issue resolved for good, THEN I will setup my speaker & I shouldn’t have anything to worry about. :slight_smile:

As for what I’ve tried as far as troubleshooting/fixing the problem goes, nothing has worked just yet. But I have literally tried a lot:

1.) Checking for corrupt system files via the SFC function in Command Prompt, but that comes up negative.
2.) I have ruled out through my own experience & knowledge that the hardware/gear is not faulty in anyway shape or form.
3.) I’ve also had a few remote support session with Microsoft agents about this, but they have been unable to resolve the issue as well.
4.) Double-checking my settings to be sure nothing looks odd or out of place.
5.) Even making sure the driver itself was downloaded directly from the support page for my motherboard.

So anyway, I think you see my point- I have tried a WHACK-TON of methods trying to get the issue resolved with no success & I’m quite convinced based on what I’ve tried & experienced that this is most likely a driver issue. Also, for anyone wondering or curious, this PCPARTPICKER link contains all the gear which is part of my setup [Except for the speaker.]: System Builder - Core i7-10700K 3.8 GHz 8-Core, GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB GAMING OC 3X, Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower - PCPartPicker At least yesterday, I got myself around to sending a lengthy but detailed email to Realtek explaining the whole thing with a small rant or 2. I should mention that BEFORE I had to do a fresh clean install of Windows, I didn’t have this issue before, but then again, I was not on the latest audio driver then.

Still, with that being said, I’m really curious/interested to know if any other MSI users [Or just Windows users in general who have custom-built pcs.] have had this sort of issue before or anything similar for that matter. If I accidentally or unintentionally left any important details out, just be sure to say so or ask & I will reply back! :+1:

Just want to say thank you in advance to anyone who might be able to help me out with this one! :slight_smile:

So which Realtek chipset codec is being used ?

I have an issue with my X570 using Analog Speakers, be it in 2.1 or 5.1 Audio Modes that can only be corrected when using my Logitech Headphones which of course are Wireless so not using the Realtek chipset.

However this happens on both Windows 10 Pro and Windows 11 Pro, the latter being a fresh install onto another nVME SSD.

So not sure if this is something with the Realtek chipsets but it is happening to me using any Audio function like watching a Video be it You Tube or what ever.

Whoa. Didn’t expect a reply THAT quick! :laughing:

TBH though, I actually don’t know how to check the Realtek chipset codec. Do you know how by chance? :thinking:

Can you use the digital audio from you GPU? a lot of monitors have at least 2.1 audio jacks on them now.

The only thing i use onboard audio for is to run my quad channel bass shakers. And even then sometimes it fails to come up correctly and i have to reset the quad channel settings.

If you cant use the GPU, sound cards are cheap. The onboard should be set to disabled in uefi.

1 Like

I couldn’t get 5.1 without a specific driver with bundled bullshit software on my X470 Gaming Plus, then the audio just completely died. Then I fried the bored so… I recommend USB then never think about integrated again.

1 Like

I mean, I could if I wanted to, but I think in reality, we all know Realtek offers better audio as a whole. WHEN it’s working properly that is. So yeah, I actually prefer the Realtek audio in this case. :man_shrugging:

At least that didn’t happen with me. :grimacing:

Oddly enough, I actually have to use the 3.5 mm cable from my headset [The headset itself offers surround sound, but the module is actually detachable.] going to the rear IO on my motherboard. The times I’ve tried plugging into the front IO on my case, it just doesn’t want to work! And I KNOW at least nothing is wrong at all with the hardware itself. Just seems like it doesn’t want to be cooperative with Realtek. :laughing:

Um, what? Unless i missed a memo in the last dozen years, realtek is pretty much bottom of the barrel. Heck, i put a pcie intel nic in my gaming pc because it lowerd the ping time. Audio from realtec i feel bad even using for my bass shakers.

1 Like

I should look for such a DAC. I have non-surround sound uses for a surround sound card.

1 Like

Welp, seems like I haven’t yet found anyone who has had the same issue as I have, but similar is a mild comfort to say the least. :man_shrugging:

Does your headset have its own audio volume, could it be you accidentally turned it down

couple of suggestions.
install the driver with compatibility mode enabled.
its likely the driver is win 10 and not win 11 certified.

if that fails open device manager, find your audio solution and uninstall the driver from there. then immediately reboot and see if windows find you a new driver.

hopefully that will be enough.

Have you tried:

• booting with a live linux distribution and try the audio? If it’s still low you may indedd have a hardware issue
  • usining any other of the outputs and compare volume levels
  • re-routing the JAUD line out to your speakers and check if you get low levels there as well

If you’re super sure your testing gear (cables/speakers/headphones) are not at fault, the quickest way to verify would be to boot another os and see if you can get the full volume, and progress from there …

it didn’t happen with me!