alwaysFlOoReD's OT projects

I need to have a thread where I can keep track of my various projects. Mainly so I can see what I accomplish over time. So this is it…
Feel free to put in your comments and observations.

For the last 2 days I’ve been puttering at making a electrical panel for outside my tool crib. Inside I have a tri-fuel 10,000 watt generator that I plan on running on propane. I’m using propane in the RV that I’m living in anyway, and it gets me a little bit closer to being off grid. Solar will probably a year or 2 down the road.
The generator has 50, 30, 20, and 15 amp receptacles but I want the access to electricity on the outside of my trailer too as I think it will be more convenient .
I salvaged a 8 row sub panel box from a dumpster. It came with 15 and 20 amp square D breakers. I bought a 30 amp and a small assortment of fittings. Most of the boxes and outlets I’ve salvaged over the years and it feels good to put them to use. Since the generator has breaker on the 50amp circuit already I didnt feeling was urgent to put a 50amp in my outside panel. But I made sure I could at a later date.
Here are some pics;

2 Likes

Rain shield will be next.

4 Likes