Alternative Fuels #1: Ethanol

Hey man, if I come across legitimate information that disproves my current beliefs on combustion, I’m all for it. I don’t like being in an echo chamber like some people, who refuse to change their mind, no matter the amount of proof and statistics against them.

1 Like

Im coming around to electric just like I am coming around to ethanol. I used to be such a hard core pure clear gasoline dude you have no idea… :rofl: … I felt stupid after I did the math and realized 10 percent improvement in gas mileage exceeds the mathematically sane maximum of 3%

… look what you made me do…

:sweat_smile: well hopefully your experience is as good as mine have been… as a caution I would advice making sure your vehicles runs E85 stock otherwise I would blend to 30 percent…

Definitely makes my engine purr

The car is flex-fueled (is it how you say it?)

Had used ethanol before, car works just fine. Cars in Brazil are actually fine-tuned to run on ethanol, since our gas is so mixed up with it.

I just stopped using it cause it really loses some km/liter, something around 4 to 5 km less per liter, makes the price equivalent to gas, but is ecological, so I jumped back in. You got me at “dinoline”

It does get less mpg. Over the course of a year I found the difference to be neglible plus hey your in Brazil man your using a domestically grown fuel! Putting money back in your own economy instead of the mideast :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wonder if the reeds that are used for sewage treatment could produce or be adapted to produce ethanol… could be a tidy renewable cycle, sewage to fuel. Uses existing infrastructure and no batteries involved.

Also, I know I’m late to the party, but nice post @PhaseLockedLoop. That’s the longest, most thorough piece of writing I’ve seen in a while.

1 Like