Alright so first time pc builder. (Major Newb)

First time and im doing a pc build probably fairly soon leave tips and tell if this build would work also suggestions to what i should change.

EVGA 02G-P4-2680-KR GeForce GTX 680 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core i7-3770S Ivy Bridge 3.1GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 65W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I73770S
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 "Heatpipe Direct Contact" Long Life Sleeve 120mm CPU Cooler Compatible Intel ...
COOLER MASTER CM Storm Series Trooper (SGC-5000-KKN1) Black Steel / Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case
CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9
ADATA XPG SX900 ASX900S3-256GM-C 2.5" 256GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

COOLER MASTER Silent Pro Gold Series RS800-80GAD3-US 800W ATX 12V v2.3 / EPS 12V v2.92 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS ...

If its in your budget i guess its all ok

I'm going to change a couple things with your build here. I'm going to replace the CPU, CPU cooler, and RAM.

CPU: i7 2600K: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115070&Tpk=2600k

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V6 GT: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103089

RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Redline 8GB: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820226305

There are a few reasons I've chosen these parts over the ones you did. The i7 2600K is $20 cheaper than the 3770K, and the 2600K will give you better performance as long as you overclock. With that $20 you saved, you can use $15 of it to put towards a better cooler. You will be able to get better overclocks and overall cooling from the V6 GT.

The ram you picked out is nice, but the Mushkin kit I posted is better because the timings are tighter. They will run faster than the Corsair kit you posted.

Everything else looks good though. I would personally go with a Radeon HD 7970 instead of the GTX 680, because the 7970 has more VRAM which means it will be able to handle higher resolutions, and you can overclock the 7970 to perform better than the GTX 680.

Thanks man! Can't wait to try this out hopefully!

No problem! I'm always happy to help, lol.

So are you going to try out overclocking? I know when I first started building computers I didn't even want to think about it, but it's actually really easy and won't hurt your computer as long as you know what you're doing.

its looking pretty good,for first time its great. however you might consider going sandy bridge instead of ivy bridge,believe it or not sandy bridge is better for gaming,and i would go with the AMD Radeon HD 7970 its has more VRAM and its 384bit.

I second the changes that Vortex made. The 2700k is just a better CPU. It overclocks better, runs a little cooler, and is fast as hell. That mushkin ram is also really nice. We are using it in a few systems here. It's great. 

okay well I just was wondering about overclocking and it looks easy looked at some tuts. Willing to attempt. and don't i need a software program to see if it's stable?

also I would probably change the graphics card to what you guys said and the ram. And how long do you think the 7970 would put games at max? like for how many months

I would think it could run games maxed for at least a year...probably longer than that actually.

And for overclocking, you're going to need a few monitoring and stability testing programs.

Use CPU-Z to check what your voltages, base clock, and multiplier are set at. The voltage will often be different in CPU-Z than what you set it at in the bios.

I personally use hardware monitor to monitor temperatures. You could also use coretemp, but I personally think hardware monitor is more accurate.

Use Prime 95 to test for stability. If you can run it for 12 hours straight without your computer crashing or hanging, then your overclock is stable.

Sounds good can't wait ot try this out. I need a little more cash low on funds but once I get it can't wait.

Oh, and one more thing. With the 2600K, DO NOT exceed 1.55 V. That is too much voltage and it could damage your cpu. Most people aren't even comfortable running it at 1.5 V and up.

I was told don't even get close to 1.4 v

well you can just try not to go over.

Well it depends on the Silicon Lottery, lol. Some 2600K's will overclock really really well with lower voltages, while others might take more of a push. They're not all created equal. 1.4 V isn't necessarily ideal, but it is acceptable.

I'm personally a little bitter because I got the short end of the stick in the silicon lottery, lol. I'm running my 2600K at 4.5 Ghz at 1.385 V.

4.5 Ghz? nice

Yeah, you should be able to hit 4.5Ghz fairly easily with the 2600K. I want to see if I can take mine higher. I would like to see 5Ghz but I don't know if that's going to happen. I'm going to have to pump a lot of voltage and get a custom water cooling loop in order to get it that high though.