Alderlake i9 12900k being sold early for 610$

Has anyone else heard this rumor? That the i9 12900k is being sold early in some regions for 610$? If so this is unexpected pricing behavior from Intel - Typically companies will price their products either higher or at the same price as other competitive products.

Could this mean that the intel alderlake 12900k is performing somewhere between the 5900x and the 5950x?

Has anyone heard anything about this at all?

(reference site) Intel Core i9-12900K Alder Lake CPUs Being Sold & Shipped To Customers Weeks Before Launch For $610 US

What use is it getting the CPU early if there are no boards and DDR5 to buy?

1 Like

I was thinking more in terms of the performance - when have you ever heard of Intel selling a cpu that is supposed to be ‘faster’ than the competition for a lower price than the competition? I can’t remember the time…

…till it does come out and there’s no stock :love_you_gesture: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Can’t name it off the top of my head, but it definitely happened a couple decades ago

The boards are likely going to be there soon. :wink:
How it´s going to perform is anybodies guess at this point.

There was some information making the rounds yesterday. 12900k overclocked to 5.2ghz is 330watts.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.