Alcoholic concoction that has a health benefit

So amongst all my time mixing and playing around with drinks… I decided to throw in all the things that make my teas help me and from other juices that boost immunity into one alcoholic concentrated tonic for slow use over time. I’ve found that I actually get sick less however I’m not going to try an attribute it to any one thing in here. This isn’t an exact science

Recipe for immune-boosting bitters
Ingredients

3 tbsp. honey
2 oz. dried angelica root
1 oz. dried chamomile
2 tsp. dried ginger
2 oz. dried astragalus root
2 tsp. Dried orange peel
3 tsp. Dried lemon peel
2 cinnamon stick
3 tsp. 50/50 mix of black pepper and tumeric
1 tsp cayenne pepper 
2 tsp. cardamom seeds
20 oz. alcohol (recommend any 100 proof clear you have) (whiskeys will work but keep in mind this is basically a bitter)

Directions to create it are fairly simple.

Dissolve the honey in 4 teaspoons of boiling hot water then set to cool
Now what you do is you combine the rest of the ingredients in a mason jar and pour alcohol on top.. Very easy just buy an appropriate sized mason jar
Now seal the had tightly and set away in a cold dark place I'm the home
Its essential to set this asside for 4 to 5 weeks to infuse tofether .. However you should Shake the jar daily
When ready, strain the bitters through a muslin cheesecloth and store it at room temp somewhere dark

The way I utilize this as a tonic:
Mix this conxotion into hot tea or take a 5-7 drops as is first thing when you wake up for protection during cold and flu season. Works amazingly. Its not too rough either thanks to the honey… Ive drank it raw haha but I don’t recommend doing so

2 Likes