AI Knock-on effects

knock-on effect: an indirect or secondary effect

Could be interesting what people see as possible secondary effects could happen assuming major AI adoption or job displacement. Important I’m not claiming this will happen I’m asking what’s anticipated if it were to happen.

Let’s try to leave out primary effects. Obviously the assumption given the premise is that people would lose jobs. I’m curious what others have thought about the cascading effects.


As an example, and the random thought that occured to me that inspired this post, is wondering how big of a hit the custom/ergo keyboard industry could have if AI replaced most/all developers? I know custom keyboards have a niche audience if non-devs, but for me I got into custom ergo keyboards bc of developer work. Led me to believe that if devs were replaced by AI, could this industry be impacted as a secondary effect? Certainly not expected to totally destroy it, I’m guessing there would still be people looking for these keyboards, but maybe it would be less?


Anyone else have some ideas on these knock-on effects of AI displacement? I think sharing the premise, idea, and reasonable as, “if x happened then maybe y could happen bc of z,” could be helpful, and perhaps interesting.

Slop will occur because I have zero artistic talent.

The 5 levels of self-driving-infrastructure:






I havent logged into a god awful vendor console UI in weeks and couldnt be happier.

Honestly, after living with level 4 self driving infrastructure the last few months, im ready to move into new and more interesting roles lol

4 Likes