AI background noise cancellation?

I work from home part of the time and I often have to make several Teams/phone calls per day. I also live in a noisy house (read having 5 kids).

I use the Jabra Elite 85 headset with boom mic, and it does a pretty good job of only picking up my voice, but it does sometimes pick up background noise.

Is there any AI noise cancelling software that would, ideally, remove any noise that isn’t my own voice?

I saw a video recently about a built-in Windows 11 AI noise cancellation feature, but for one thing, I cannot even find that feature to turn it on, and also it seems like that feature might pick up any voice (including people talking in the background).

Team Green and Team Red got features for this:

If you’re willing to use the 3.5mm jack you can use this adapter: AI Noise-Canceling Mic Adapter|Headsets and Audio|ASUS Global

Seems to be working well from the reviews I saw years ago about it.

I used RTX voice and it’s INSANELY good so if your laptop has an RTX GPU I’d surely go for that before buying anything.

I actually installed RTX voice with a laptop with a P2000 GPU (Lenovo P1 Gen 3), and it seems to work quite well.

The only strange thing is that I hear a periodic in my headset every minute or so…

1 Like