Agile and/or Kanban Productivity Widget

Hey all! Hope you’re having a great day. I did some light research to find a widget for Windows 10, for Agile and/ or Kanban (got a lot to do, so I’ll have to continue the search later). I know there are a few desktop apps, and obviously websites, but I’m looking for something that’s completely separate from the two. It’s more efficient for my workflow to have a widget fixed to my desktop, rather than fooling around with web pages, and moving/scaling app windows constantly.

I toyed around with the idea of having a dedicated Galaxy Tab S6 on my desk, but as a last resort. I’d rather not add extra clutter on my desk, with the addition of an extra device to potentially distract me…any who. I’m ranting.

P.S. If nothing like this exist, how much does one need to pay a developer to make this widget with custom settings? I’m more of a Technical Artist in Games, and VFX, so “Hello World” is the best I can do ROFL).

Any who. I really appreciate any help with leads and insights! :slight_smile:

I did a quick search as well and couldn’t find anything that exists as a widget.

I know it’s not the exact solution you’re looking for, but have you considered putting an application on a different virtual desktop? So that way, you can just super+tab when you need to switch to it real quick?

As far as paying a developer, I couldn’t tell you. I do know that it’s not going to be a “trivial” task to build a kanban style widget. It’s not a 3d rendering engine, but as you alluded to, it’s not hello world either. I’d imagine you’ll be out a couple grand for this task.

You have a lot to do, so do you really want to prioritize form-factor over resilience? Surely your primary priorities before form-factor should be something along the lines of this?

• Built & maintained by third party - low maintenance, kept compatible & secure.
  • Accessible regardless of -
    • unforeseen state of your work machine.
    • your current access to your work machine.

I would really recommend looking for a web-based task tracker fitting your specific needs first. Once you find one there are a myriad of solutions available for doing cut-down renders of websites as desktop widgets - particularly for Windows. Heck, the first stab at widgets for both Windows and OS X were both web-based tech IIRC.