Advice on Optimizing My DIY Build for Davinci Resolve With The Parts I Already Have (What would you do and why?)

Hey guys I appreciate all the information I’ve gotten without even having to ask while I’ve been here, so thanks for that.

Over the past few months, I’ve found myself being very interested in pursuing understanding every motherboard option and maximizing the performance of each component then maximizing the performance of these things working together. I would eventually like to feel like I’m not leaving a hz or a ms or mt on the table. Just to be clear, I bought a lot of this stuff when I had more money than sense because I was time poor and impatient.

Here’s what I have to work with:

Asrock WRX80 Creator R2.0
Threadripper Pro 3955WX
EVGA Supernova 1600P2 PSU
Enermax 360 AIO
Deepcool 360 AIO
Arctic Freezer 4U
8 x 32 GB [Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2400 LRDIMM DDR4-19200 ECC]
8 x 16 GB (Gskill F4-3200C16Q-64GVK)
4 x 1TB WDSN850
4 x 1Tb Samsung 980 Pro
1 x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro
1 x 2 TB Crucial P5 Plus
2 x Gen 4 Quad NVME Cards
1 x EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra
1 x EVGA 1080Ti SC2
1x MSI AERO 1080Ti
1 x intel 280GB Optane 900p
2 x Quad NVME Non-bifurcated Pcie cards
Primocache License

Questions I have:

If I Image my entire system to my server daily , would it make sense to run it with motherboard raid and trimming and checking for fw on the SSDS every week or so from a seperate test bench (if that’s possible)?

If I want to use the optane and all the a nvmes I have, what would be the best configuration If I don’t care about protecting the data on the disks long term?

If I want to use primocache as well, what should I consider when setting up the allocations?

With the ECC memory vs the G skill memory I have, I’m curious at what point memory rank, channels and frequency will benefit one kit over the other?

I’m also interested in hearing how you all would configure my components so I can get an understanding of how youall weigh these elements.

Thanks guys.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.