Advice on my new Alarm setup

So I am finally having my own house soon, best part is it’s through the family with no mortgage, but it needs some work and was willing to set aside a few thousand for my own security system. I am building my own maker space in my basement to accompany my current 3D printer and the five more I am planning to add on this summer as I have a 3D printing business that is picking up steam.
I was looking at the Ring system months ago and planning to install it this spring but well, I watch the Level1Techs enough now to trash that idea even down to the door bell.
So I watched their video on the Synology NAS and was thinking of getting an 819 or 820+ with 4TB of usable space and throw it in my 15U network rack in my basement for surveillance station.
I found the doorbird doorbell cameras will work exactly for what I need as a ring replacement, with free cloud storage and the ability to dump into synology NAS.
I was looking at Simplisafe to replace the Ring alarm system, and I actually like that they have key fobs and dedicated glass break sensors.
So now the question is cameras that will work with the Synology NAS as well. I saw the HikVision ones Wendell talked about and they seem ok, but wanted other input. I want them to be H.265, able to dump into the NAS, and able to be installed outside. I also do not want them to talk on the outside internet themselves, I want it all funneled through my NAS with the exception of the doorbell cameras.
I do have a Unifi PoE 16 port switch in there only powering my six AP’s and cloud key. I have it VLAN’d via my PfSense so any other tips on configuration of the network is appreciated as well.

I put a Unifi system in at a local volunteer fire department; cameras, USG + network switches and wifi. it was super simple and works great. Video storage is local, using a Unifi DVR. You can access it from the cloud, or not, it’s up to you to setup firewall rules.

You can also run the DVR app in a docker container if that’s your thing as well.

Look up Lockpickinglawyer on youtube for his review of SimpliSafe, needless to say most of his reviews are pretty harsh!

I don’t have any input on the physical security side of things, not my area of expertise.

Will the Unifi work with a Doorbird door bell? That’s my primary issue with most other systems I want a door bell camera that can dump its recording into

I doubt it, they use a closed system. Could put a camera above the door, and a conventional door bell?