Advice on modding a ASRock DESKMEET X300 Mini PC Barebone

i need advice on modding a ASRock DESKMEET X300 Mini PC Barebone for use as a nas / giga-switch / vm build

my plan is to add a

AMD Ryzen 5 5600G

64gb of ram

SK Hynix Gold P31 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive for main os an vm’s

2 x Seagate BarraCuda 5TB Hard Drive HDD – 2.5 Inch (ST5000LM000) to mount internal for raid back up of most vatial data of the external 20gb

QNAP QXG-2G4T-I225 Quad-Port 2.5 GbE Network Expansion Card

1 x Yottamaster Aluminum Alloy 5 Bay 2.5/3.5 inch USB3.1 Type C External Hard Drive Enclosure SABRENT USB Type-C to Dual 3.5” SATA and RAID Docking Station DS-2BCR

with 2 x Seagate IronWolf Pro 10TB (ST10000NE000)

upgrade psu to sfx an cables

add 120mm aio vi external modding

something like this

1. whats the psu form factor an size , as id like to replace with a fully modular gold efficient psu

an custom cables by cablemods.

1. does anyone have any tear-down pix of the inside ?

2. does this take full size ddr4 ram

3. has anyone run truenas core or scale

4. does the mobo support a 5600g out-of-the-box with out firmware update

5. can i install a pci multi port Ethernet card an run truenas with router os in a vm an config some of the ports
    as vlan’s an leave the others as just normal lan ports, is this something i can do vi router os an from a vm in truenas

Here’s what 2 seconds of Google would have found you:

https://www.asrock.com/nettop/AMD/DeskMini%20X300%20Series/index.asp

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

thats to the mini not the meet

Oops, missed that. Sorry! :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

I only looked at the Intel one. It had a standard psu and id go for a modular sff it was me as thstll fit fjne.

Intel version had 4 dimms in full height wss no problem even insanely tall memoey like oloy

1 Like

in regards to the amd one has anyone run truenas core or scale

is it a safe bet that the mobo supports a 5600g out-of-the-box with out firmware update

can i install a pci multi port Ethernet card an run truenas with router os in a vm an config some of

the ports as vlan’s an leave the others as just normal lan ports, is this something i can do vi

router os or pfsense an from a vm in truenas

i want to use the

QNAP QXG-2G4T-I225 Quad-Port 2.5 GbE Network Expansion Card

an set two of the ports as vlans an leave the other as is

also can i run in a vm the apk app Firewalla XAPK 1.51.84 by Firewalla Inc.

to control an manage my FIREWALLA GOLD ROUTER rather then from my android tablet

my goal is to make an have a one master device to serve as my

nas / media hub / specific task vm / giga-switch , rather then 4 separate devices an pair it with

with a 20in monitor an K400 Plus Wireless Touch Keyboard

is this at all doable do you think an what do you think of my suggested parts

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.