for a FWG alternative anyone could i install the firewalla os recovery image on
this ?

4 Port, Fanless Firewall Micro Appliance/Mini PC, Andaqi YC049

an with 8gb of ram and a Dogfish SSD Msata 64GB

https://www.amazon.com/Dogfish-Internal-Performance-Desktop-Notebook/dp/
B07MWSKWCT/ref=sr_1_5?crid=3TMF9OO54TMNL&keywords=64GB+mSATA&qid=1660247888&s=
electronics&sprefix=64gb+msata%2Celectronics%2C60&sr=1-5

would its performance be equal to or better then the firewalla gold router

@dreadknot2077, don’t purchase the Andaqi YC049; they are manufactured cheaply by a Chinese manufacturer. Many people have complained they make a terrible replacement for Netgate firewall appliances. I would purchase the Firewalla Gold Router or look for a different device to install the Firewalla OS recovery image on. I bought a Netgate machine instead of trying installing Pfense on another device.

1 Like

this might sound crazy but would the firewalla os recovery image run on
this?

as id like to minimize clutter of my network rack an cut down how many devices have on it so im wondering is i can combine my nas , gig-switches , plex server , an FWG into one unit an run FWG os on custom build pc

with some dockers for nas function , video trans-coding an media server

this is the purposed build would the firewalla gold os image work on this an could i install an run dockers for stated needs

When most people use the term NAS, they are talking about a device with multi disks in a raid, a Software raid, or a striped configuration. If one 8 TB drive meets your needs, you don’t need a NAS. Using the build you posted to replace what I assume you are using as a switch now would work, but it is a waste. Using the build to route traffic would be like using a sledgehammer to pound a three-inch nail. If you could give me a list of the equipment you already have and what goals you are trying to accomplish, I will come up with better suggestions.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.