ADVICE NEEDED - um560xt + alt power supplys

would either of these correctly power my Minisforum UM560XT ?

the Anker-Charging-GaNPrime

or the Anker Prime 100W USB C Charger

an would this cable a 90W PD USB Type C Male Input to 90 Degree DC 5.5 x 2.5 mm Male Power Charging Cable

correctly work with both the um560xt an either of the power bricks

I don’t think they would for a couple of reasons: they need to have a 19V mode to correctly power the unit, which is not the case and since those things are just chargers they’re not designed for continuous output at full power so they might throttle hard.

For the first roadblock you could fix it if you manage to find a PPS charger/power supply that uses the full range of voltages up to 21V and a trigger board to land on 19V. Or maybe that’s not an issue at all and that mini PC can run at 20V.

I suggest you to check AllThingsOnePlace for all the details about those chargers.

2 Likes

thanks for that ,would the cable be adequate to or would find that at the link to ?

would this work

Sorry for the late reply! I think it should work if there’s a proper tip rated for the 19V output required by the PC. Looks like this PSU selects the correct voltage with a resistor inside the plug, this is my guess.

1 Like

thanks for that . tho i already ordered an it arriverd today so ill report back on how well it does.

2 Likes

Sure, I’m rooting for you! Let me know if it works or not.

1 Like

well so far as of now being 12hr since i got it iv been up an running the m5 wss the correct head

an i didnt need to revert the smartshift setting back to the default first either

1 noticable thing first was before this was the config over the default i used

it was the highest i could go an still be stable was out stuttering wither at idle or load an tring to even do

caused issues mainly running any mild intensive memory task in KRITA completely froze the pc

the original power brick had a max watt of 64.38 listed on the side an after reading about some exspearences from others about power overhead an needing 20 extra watts for ram an drives

an setting the smartshift to all 65000 wouldn’t work because ther wasn’t enough to go around did seem to be the case

because of now this is the config (no cam pix as i didnt any before an i haven’t restarted yet i will later an post )

an after some more testing an stress tests an see if i can set to all 65000 an see how that goes
but for now its very good thers been no issues with stuttering an idle or load an none
in KRITA or other cpu/gpu an or memory intensive tasks or apps.

1 Like

ill post pixs of new psu verses the old an the current bios config
an benchmark an stress tests later today or tomorrow

That was a score than! The PC can really use those 90W. Glad it worked out as well as it did.