Advice needed on the Gigabyte B550M DS3H Micro & QNAP QXG-2G4T-I225

will the QNAP QXG-2G4T-I225 work with the b550m ds3h if installed in the 2nd pcie x16 slot with a

Gigabyte EAGLE Radeon RX 6500 XT installed in the first or does the QNAP QXG-2G4T-I225

have to be installed in a pcie x4 slot

Yes, should be fine.
Gigabyte says that’s a PCIe Gex3 wired with 4 lanes, so it’s just a x16 physically, but electrically it’s x4.

It doesn’t matter, however - you can put any lower lane card in x16 slot, and you can even put x16 card in x1 slot but second option is not ideal because of bandwidth issues.

Some motherboards come with open ended slots so you can fit a larger card in a lower bandwidth slot, some people even grind it open if it’s not open ended.

QNAP website says that NIC will work with computers, servers and their own devices so no funny business with firmware and stuff. The card itself is PCIe Gen2x4 and since PCIe is backwards compatible you shouldn’t have any issues.

1 Like

thanks for that its very clarifying for a lot i didnt know as im always on a tight budget an when i buy its really got to be the part can do what i need.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.