ADVICE NEEDED ON spectrum modem upgrade an replace advice

id like to upgrade an replace my spectrum modem with the newest so i have a

clean an new unit but also be able to adjust some of the setting in it that i cant in the provided one

now i know the with spectrum ill have to haggle to get it activated an done but is there any advice on the best arris SURFboard to get that they most likely accept an the best that will suit my needs

as i plan to upgrade my service speed to ther 1gigbit id like to not spend
more then 200$ including sh&tx

With faster speed, comes greater responsibility. Why? Because ads will load faster, and telemetry will be sent out more frequently. What am I talking about?

Just go look into Pi-Hole. I don’t fully agree with blocking ALL online ads, but there is some stuff that DESERVES to be blocked. Go learn about it and your eyes will be opened to how our internet-connected devices run our networks, we being completely oblivious and don’t give a damn what’s being sent out, because that’s too inconvenient to think about.

On to the router rec. I say just build your own Linux router. PFsense or IPFire seem to be good options. I think not only is this more affordable, but opens up both your options and technical understanding of what’s happening on your network.

1 Like

Kinda depending on what kind of network your isp is using.

Fiber or Docsis.

1 Like

i believe ours is Docsis

thanks