Advice & Info - Minisforum BD770i + thermal pad upgrades + aio

is it possible to put different thermal paste or pad on the cpu , id like to use either a Innovation Cooling Graphite Thermal Pad or a SWECENT Thermal Pad 2mm 12.8 W/mK [85x45x1.5mm] (cut to fit of course)

iv had a good exspearence on all my other build with both pads

an can the arctic freezer II aio be mounted to the Minisforum BD770i

Graphite pads probably aren’t the best choice for direct die applications
https://www.reddit.com/r/overclocking/comments/8svn8s/about_to_test_delid_temp_results_with_ic_graphite/

do you think the SWECENT Thermal Pad 2mm 12.8 W/mK [85x45x2mm] would be good to go with

I don’t think I can recommend any thermal pad with the CPU best to stick with paste since it’s direct die, the graphite ones are a bit better at transferring heat than the traditional pads, but are conductive and really need allot of surface area of a heat spreader to transfer effectively

Is there a reason you want pads?

I believe it uses a custom hole spacing so you’d need to use the provided heatsink it comes with

ther what i used on all my other builds
would artic silver work short of cutting the SWECENT Thermal Pad 2mm 12.8 W/mK pad to match the die area’s

Doesn’t minisforum use liquid metal for this? If so trying to change that will likely ruin the box

liquid metal that i didnt know , i just assumed it was some generic stock stuff an a aftermarket thermal pad or paste would be a good move

Seems not, not quite sure how accurate official bilibili reply will be, but under their ITX install video, it’s mentioned that use thermal paste and they seems to allow? swapping those paste without voiding warrenty
video source