Adventure games! or the like

Okay Im wondering if anyone has any good retro adventure types kind of like Super Metroid.

A friend recommended it to me a while back and it was like "Hey try this, the game is amazing!" and i thought "well it's probably not that great." but i was morbidly wrong heh anyways, looking for something more of that caliber. Something fun, adventurous, plenty to do, and of course lots of hidden items and such >.<

2 Likes

When I think about adventure games, I always think about games like the old Sierra and Lucasart games (Space Quest, Leisure Suit Larry, Monkey Island ...). But since you are not talking about this type of games, and you want something more in the likes of Super Metroid, I have this small list of games to recommand:

• Alien Carnage
  • Duke Nukem I & II
  • Commander Keen -Invasion of the Vorticons
  • Wonder Boy in Monster World

The only games like Super Metroid that I can think of are Cave Story and Guacamelee, both of which I highly enjoyed :3

The game that fits all of your requirements is Castlevania Symphony of the Night for PS1, it's quite easy to come by and if you cant it should be no problem to emulate.

I was under the impression castlevania was closer to an RPG like FF series or along the lines of that. and lol xD but other than that i don't think i've heard of any of the others O.o what platforms are they on?

It was only released for the PS1, I don't know how the newer games in this series are but it started as a hard core platformer on the NES. This one does feature some classic RPG elements, but it's a non linear exploration game, hell it is the first game to advertise it self as a Metroidvania game (I fully agree with this statement).

A Link to the Past. One of the best adventure games.

There are quite a few castlevania games that are like metroid, hence the name metroidvania. I know that some were released for the PSP and some Nintendo systems. You can check AVGN, he did a whole series on castlevania games and mentions a few metroidvania games

lol well i think i'll check it out xD thanks for the recommendations xD