Advanced Walkthrough on Mining Altcoins (responsibly) in Linux, Using Git, Server side skills, no mouse, tmux, underclocking + LOTS MORE!

DISCLAIMER
I am a miner who mines, who isn’t a miner! Watch the video if that doesn’t make sense :joy::joy::joy: Please mine responsibly and do not kill the GPU market. I do not. I’m mining on old GPUs that are at least over 1-year old.

Hey all,

Here’s the quick video - I will follow up with edits later today to describe what’s covered. Got to rush to a meeting.

@SgtAwesomesauce @wendell @ryan @kreestuh

Hope you guys enjoy this one…

3 Likes

…and… drum roll – Success!! Revised my script and learned some new things too! Fully optimised the underclocking.

Tried pushing the GTX1080’s RAM beyond 10GHz and… eek, it needed a hard reboot - oops!

Getting 975 Sol/s on average with just these two cards. Will post some stats from the pool after running this for a couple hours. The NVR box is missing 3 crucial case-fans :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

That “Founders” edition blower cooler is such a piece of crap it’s shocking. 56degC on the EVGA SC Black GTX1070 vs. 77C on the GTX1080 with the latter’s fan speed at 80%. That’s just cray-cray…

Here’s another update - I’ve now tweaked it further to also run the NVR function of the box, so the two Ubiquity G3 Bullet cams are also streaming 24/7 and persisting the stream to the 2x WD Purple 4TB drives in a btrfs RAID mirror.

Plus it will continue to mine at 930+ H/s 24/7. Bliss…