Adobe Premiere: Make it go faster by using two PCs

But what if you use 2 GPUs?

Windows 10 allows you to have switchable graphics on desktop PCs.

If you plug in the monitor in the motherboard display output, then the desktop is rendered on integrated graphics, and then use this to run Premiere on dedicated graphics.

video_cards_12

Will this solve the problem?

FCP7 became obsoleted. No one wanted to work with FCPX so they went to Premiere after FCP7 stopped working. The holdouts are still using Lion or Snow Leopard!

This is why cheese grater Macs with FCP7 are still valued to video editors.

1 Like

Also Avid could compete in the amateur market segment, but all of their focus is large scale and hardware. They are, however, introducing a new model for how they scale (or something). I spoke to an avid rep on friday, but he wouldn’t say what exactly- only that it’s coming in the next few months. I was thinking more licensing options, but he made it sound like it wasn’t that and still on a larger scale, so maybe irrelevant for the typical editor.

Anyway, long story short… That’s how premiere got where it is. No competition in that space after apple’s big screw-up.

I would be interested in how this all shakes out.

As a normy I can see software working well with one format best. I am ugly and never going to be on youtube but I dont like the video editor whine.

Adobe is x, Davinci Resolve Y etc

Then cannon, sony, philips and RED. Also every china made camera ever fucking that up With there standard.

Everything I have watched is the source footage needs to be ingested to a workable format for your editor.

Adobe the creators of digital cancers flash, shockwave and such are the worst possible .exe to run.

Codec’s are all stupid standards. Pick one and use it. It’s like linux file systems at this point.

Hi there, i’ve got a problem, managed to figure this out after watching your video (forgot there was a guide…) but here lies my problem.

I’m using Premiere Pro CS6 / Adobe Media Encoder CS6 on both machines fully updated fresh installs.

Got my network map set up with full control for everyone, i’ve also setup a watch folder etc and directed it in AME.

When i drop a MP4 in there it automatically renders with my custom settings, but when i drop a Premiere Pro CS6 project in there nothing happens… if i however copy the project to desktop on the rendering PC then drag it into AME it will render with shitty settings automatically, if i add a premiere pro sequence, select the copied file i can manually change the quality…

Anyone know why the watchfolder is picking up MP4’s without an issue but Premiere Pro projects doesn’t work?