Acer Laptop Overclock Help

Okay. I don't really want to overclock my Acer Aspire 5750, but I wanted to underclock it. I read on a forum that there is some pre-installed overclocking program. Now I've gotten into gaming on this thin and it has the potential, it overheats and starts to lag. I need some help to stop this from happening. I'm not so good with software and troubleshooting. I'm just asking for some help here. Thanks.

Why underclock it and effect your performance? would a Nice laptop cooling tray not help? a good one works wonders.

My Acer Aspire 5750 is terrible for gaming.  It has a Core i5-2410M and 6GBs of RAM.  It's not that great for gaming, unless you have one with more modern technology.

You can't overclock or underclock properly on this laptop.  What you get is pretty much what you get.

I, however, did take off the back and clean out the fan and heatsink.  It helps quite a bit.  I also repasted the CPU while I was at it.

take off what ever covers are on the bottom and set it on a laptop cooler.

Alright thank you guys for the advice. I plan on getting a more dedicated PC for gaming but I'm short on money. Thanks again.

I purchased my Acer Predator Helios 300 laptop 3 days ago from amazon. I have been using it since yesterday, and when I play games like GTA V for 1 hour, the average CPU temperature goes up to 90 degree Celsius. In the idle my CPU stays with 50 degree Celsius. Is there something wrong with my laptop? Because the gtx 1060 GPU is not hot, it has average of 76 degree Celsius while the CPU has 90. Should I send it back for a replacement or need to connect with Acer support india for help?