Account generated by answer file not administrator

Hi, I have a windows answer file I setup which when ran despite me putting the auto login user in the administrators group doesn’t actually give the user admin privileges. Neither does it enable the admin user. I also have setup commands to run and enable the admin user and add the other user to the admin account and those don’t function either. Help me understand how to make my answer file work. Thank you.
autounattendxml.txt (12.2 KB)

1 Like

@Eden thoughts?

Stack Exchange has been less than helpful. Why wouldn’t my answer file be able to properly add the user to the desired group?

It’s been a while since I’ve done autoattend stuff, but it seems odd that you’re doing these three things:

1. Changing the auto login account to ‘omega’
  2. Setting the admin account to a different password than what is used in #1
  3. Creating a new user named ‘omega’ with the same password as #1 but different from #2

I’d say, don’t modify the autologin username and don’t worry about creating a new account. If you have a domain, use a GPO to modify the name of the local administrator account, don’t worry about doing that in the auto attend.

As I said, it’s been a while since I’ve done deployment stuff so I don’t know if my suggestions would work.

Ah, I see, thank you. I work for a company in which I process a lot of laptops, and I found this (minus these hiccups) to be the fastest way to install windows. Is it potentially that the passwords aren’t the same. It would be ideal if both accounts could be without passwords.